PDA

View Full Version : variations -child signed up but not yet started help please

mushpea
30-10-2012, 12:13 PM
do these variations only work for children who have actutaly started or can they be if they've signed up?
I have a child due to start the end of november mondays and thursdays, a current parent wants to increase days so they come on a thursday too but this would mean 4 under 5's somthing I am happy to do but does she need to wait untill a couple of weeks after the new one starts or can i do it now as conitnuity of care as the other child is signed up already?

AliceK
30-10-2012, 12:16 PM
do these variations only work for children who have actutaly started or can they be if they've signed up?
I have a child due to start the end of november mondays and thursdays, a current parent wants to increase days so they come on a thursday too but this would mean 4 under 5's somthing I am happy to do but does she need to wait untill a couple of weeks after the new one starts or can i do it now as conitnuity of care as the other child is signed up already?

I would say the variation would be for the existing child as it's that child's parents who need to increase their hours so my interpretation would be Yes you can do it????

xxxx

loocyloo
30-10-2012, 01:45 PM
i have 2 new children with signed contracts to start in january when a current mindee cuts hours to go to nursery.

current mindees mum has now asked if mindee can still do current hours with me as going to do different hours at nursery!

i have given myself a variation to allow me to do this. ( i have also had variations in the past for exactly the same thing )

mum24
30-10-2012, 04:56 PM
I think as you have contracts in place, then you can go ahead.
However, do risk assess and make sure you can show you have thought about how you will manage the children on outings etcetc. Although Ofsted don't expect us now to do as many risk assessments, I think in this situation you need to show you can manage the children. You don't say how many you will have on the day or their ages, but presume they are under five.

sorry just realised you said 4 under 5, tired after working all day, thats my excuse anyway:)

blue bear
30-10-2012, 06:36 PM
This happened to me last year, similar situation, child started settling in sessions then mum was told she had to go back to work full time not the two days as originally thought. Child needed two extra days which took me to 4 under 5, ofsted granted me a variation under continuity of care "because chikd had started settling in sessions" quote from ofstedvariation team member.

mushpea
30-10-2012, 08:13 PM
we havent arranged settling in sessions as its still a month away and mum wasnt fussed about baby doing any.
the ages will be for a 4.5yrold (not at school), 15month old, 2.5yrold (who walks everywhere!) and the new 10month old, now theres an even bigger complicaton as the 15month olds brother may come to me instead of preschool that day which would mean 5 under 5's :eek: not sure if I even want to go there althoug it would only be for 3hrs