PDA

View Full Version : Fighting them off with a stick...lol

JCrakers
30-10-2012, 11:16 AM
:laughing:

Had a very quiet year last year with only 1 under 5 and 4 schoolies No enquiries for about 15m, started to get worried but Now I have so many I don't know if I'm coming or going...lol. I've now got 5 little ones and 10 schoolies in total with a new one signed up part time feb and full time from May which I've squeezed in.

Then this morning an existing parent has asked me if she can increase her days. So now I need to sit down and seriously think if I can fit her in.

If I say yes I will have 4 under 5's everyday but Thurs. Not all day but between 3-5hrs.

I need a serious vacancy chart and RA made which I will do later today.

Well, can't complain but it's giving me a headache thinking about all the days,hours and children to fit in....lol :D

TNT
30-10-2012, 11:23 AM
wow, your buying at the pub tonight then :p

I have had to turn down 3 enquiries already this term. I have 3 of my own children aged 6, 2 and 6 months and look after 2 sisters part time aged 3 and 6. I cant fit any more in my tiny house!
I only have to do EYFS with 1 child and thats enough paperwork for me!
Am actually looking forward to next year when I can take on a few more and earn a bit more money.

Kirstylob
30-10-2012, 11:24 AM
Well done you, it is defo worth hanging in there if you can, it just goes to show more children will come along! I am also fit to burst with 3 under 3's 4 days a week and 4 under 3's 1 day a week. I also have 9 schoolies that come on various days throughout the week. It is hard sometimes having 4 under 3 in the day but I find it's only really at mealtimes and getting out of the door to get to school - lots of shoes and coats!!
Good luck with your RA!

Tatjana
30-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Much better to have a headache from too much work than not enough!!:thumbsup:

Debster
30-10-2012, 04:34 PM
wow, your buying at the pub tonight then :p

I have had to turn down 3 enquiries already this term. I have 3 of my own children aged 6, 2 and 6 months and look after 2 sisters part time aged 3 and 6. I cant fit any more in my tiny house!
I only have to do EYFS with 1 child and thats enough paperwork for me!
Am actually looking forward to next year when I can take on a few more and earn a bit more money.

my friend is a childminder she looks after her sisters 2 little girls 2 and 3. she was was told she did not have to do EYFS for the 2 girls as they were relatives ( not ure how true this is). She has other children whom she does learning journals for! Anyway she got graded outstanding last month. So maybe you don't need to do any paperwork:) at all