PDA

View Full Version : had pre-reg visit y'day!! here some tips!

millseymum
30-10-2012, 10:39 AM
Hi Guys,

had pre-reg visit went really well am registered yay yay yay! everyone with visits coming up don't worry it will be fine just get the paperwork in order in folders and you will be fine. she picked up on window on front door wasn't safety glass so need to go to b&q to buy special film so check windows and mirrors too!

The lady was really friendly she stayed 2 3/4 hours and had 2 cups of tea (no children present). She didn't look in any cupboards and or check fridge thermometers but I did tell her all about it. Main questions were about how I was to implement EYFS. Am vvvvvv happy !!

Good luck to all waiting guys it will be fine I promise as I was mega nervous but I needn't have been ! (I know this is easy to say but trust me!)

millseymum xx

Twix1981
30-10-2012, 02:28 PM
Hi Guys,

had pre-reg visit went really well am registered yay yay yay! everyone with visits coming up don't worry it will be fine just get the paperwork in order in folders and you will be fine. she picked up on window on front door wasn't safety glass so need to go to b&q to buy special film so check windows and mirrors too!

The lady was really friendly she stayed 2 3/4 hours and had 2 cups of tea (no children present). She didn't look in any cupboards and or check fridge thermometers but I did tell her all about it. Main questions were about how I was to implement EYFS. Am vvvvvv happy !!

Good luck to all waiting guys it will be fine I promise as I was mega nervous but I needn't have been ! (I know this is easy to say but trust me!)

millseymum xx

Got my pre reg on Friday there's so much to know. Any other tips??? Pls

lisbet
30-10-2012, 02:41 PM
So glad it went well for you. :clapping:

blue bear
30-10-2012, 03:55 PM
Well done :clapping:

millseymum
30-10-2012, 04:10 PM
Got my pre reg on Friday there's so much to know. Any other tips??? Pls

just study eyfs and development matters doc. they were the main questions that I found the hardest. the walk round the house didn't take long. We went through all policies. do a no smoking policy she asked for that. good luck! xxxx

Twix1981
30-10-2012, 09:14 PM
I just can't seem to absorb anything I read :-( absolutely dreading it! Yes have the no smoking policy. Gonna need more than luck! X

shmee
30-10-2012, 09:40 PM
:clapping:
thats great news!!!! I am just waiting for ofsted to contact me to arrange my pre-reg eeeek nervous/excited. how long do they usually take once they have received everything they need?? also do drains need to be covered mine are a bit bigger than standard drains and cant find a bigger cover to fit help please. :laughing:
thanks

millseymum
06-11-2012, 10:07 AM
hi sorry didn't get back earlier half term was mad with my 2 kiddies! have no idea about drains sorry. Phone ofsted they will set u straight. Um it took 2 weeks for them to call me and I did chase them as wanted to start work after half term and they were fine about that. It all looks good if you keen ! good luck xx

Helcatt
06-11-2012, 07:50 PM
hi sorry didn't get back earlier half term was mad with my 2 kiddies! have no idea about drains sorry. Phone ofsted they will set u straight. Um it took 2 weeks for them to call me and I did chase them as wanted to start work after half term and they were fine about that. It all looks good if you keen ! good luck xx

2 weeks after sending off forms off? Did you ask to be fast tracked?

I was told that they normally come out in week 7 after receiving your forms. IF we can speed them up will be fab. Dh is about to send his stuff off as he is going to be a co-minder rather than assistant and will take over the business completely when I have maternity leave (baby due in 3 months time so need him registered fast!)

His CRB was done in July so hoping they will accept the more recent one rather than having to do another one! Might speed up the process..

I will let him know it's mostly EYFS stuff - he's pretty good on that seeing as he is working with me anyway - so I guess he has a bit of a head start

HX

k1rstie
07-11-2012, 12:06 AM
well done, I bet you are reaay pleased it over.:cheerleader:

muddyboots
27-11-2012, 11:17 AM
thank u so much for taking the time to share with us the info about visit. Really nervous but now know what to concentrate on xxx

hulahooper
04-12-2012, 11:48 PM
Well done! I have mine tmrw morning! V nervous. Did they tell u there and then that u would be registered?

Sent from my LT26i using Childminding Forum

helena_j
05-12-2012, 08:55 PM
Per reg visit is fine honestly don't panic, I was still in the process of doing my policies etc and she was fine with that too. She came back this week to do my first graded inspection too!

BusyKids
05-01-2013, 01:09 PM
I've got mine on Monday. Am worried about the EYFS stuff. She did say not to worry if I haven't got my policies ready.
She was lovely on the phone and I'm less worried, except for the EYFS. Is it right you can refer to notes?