PDA

View Full Version : how to impress a 5month old!

mushpea
30-10-2012, 09:36 AM
well today is trial day for a 5.5month old, yesterday he had a trial day at another childminder whose a friend and apparently that went well but how do i impress a 5 month old! if it was a older child I could understand mum wanting to do trial days at different places so the child could have an input in to who they stay with but at this age mums not going to be able to ask him what he thinks !
I was thinking of doing a hand print spider with him if he's happy
does anyone else have any other ideas? I also have a 4yrold today

AgentTink
30-10-2012, 09:46 AM
Very simple things like simple nursery rhymes which you can older mindee to help you sing. Do songs like round and round the garden and tickle their hand.

Get out musical instruments/shakers or pans to bang with wooden spoon.

Sit them up aided with pillows around them if needs be and place lots of different types of things such as hoops and squeaky toys for them to reach and grab.

mushpea
30-10-2012, 10:19 AM
sorry I think I didint make my self understood, I know how to play with a 5 month old what I meant was how can I show mum that hes had a good day other than send home artwork and photos, I feel I have to prove somthing today but dont know how I can do it unless mum has a secret camera on his button shirt :laughing:, mind you she was suppose to be here 10am and hasnt arrived as yet

kindredspirits
30-10-2012, 10:50 AM
photos of him/her smiling will always go down a treat! :thumbsup:

mushpea
30-10-2012, 10:52 AM
I'm so mad:angry: she didnt bother turning up so I rang her and she said she has decided to extend her maternity leave yet yesterday she sent him to a friend for a trial period, why cant people just tell the truth"!

kindredspirits
30-10-2012, 11:01 AM
angry on your behalf. people are so rude!! :angry::angry::angry:

Bear23
30-10-2012, 01:29 PM
So she had booked in trial days at different childminders?? so the 5 month could decide where it wanted to be??? have i read this right lol

She could technically book in at 5 cm's and get a week free, no way would i allow that. or have i read this wrong ?:blush:

blue bear
30-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Mushy pea, I hope you never turned the other potential work away! How rude of her to just not turn up :panic:

mushpea
30-10-2012, 08:08 PM
I did turn one family away but they had two children and I only have one space so couldnt have taken them anway, and yes she booked in with another childminder for a trial day although I think the other minder would have charged, she booked 4hrs with me and I was charging for 2 hrs and doing 2 free. hopefully if she really is staying on maternity leave and not telling me a porky then I will be full when she comes back to me and asks for another trial