PDA

View Full Version : this magical moment....

gegele
29-10-2012, 07:50 AM
.........when parent arrive with toddler who struggle with sharing with his own toys, within second he's winging a child wants to see his toys...

Soooooooooooo I gave back toy to mum as i refuse to have to fight all day

result:

a screaming toddler in full blown tantrum while the others are having breakfast.

great way to wake hubby for work:D

LET'S THE HALF TERM HOLIDAY BEGIN!!!!!

k1rstie
29-10-2012, 07:53 AM
counting down the 8 minutes until my half term starts.

good luck everyone!!!!

hectors house
29-10-2012, 07:56 AM
Oh dear - hope the day gets better - maybe a trip to the library to borrow books on sharing! We just got one called "It's Mine" - I only let mine bring their own soft toys as I can justify telling the other children that the "bunny/teddy whatever" is X's special toy - but refuse to do it with things other mindees are going to want to play with. But I wish parents would remember their child brought it as I am always popping cuddleys back home!

Maza
29-10-2012, 08:04 AM
Might be worth you having a policy on toys from home. I hate toys from home as in my experience they do cause conflicts. I had a child and the only way mum could get him out of the door was to allow him to choose a toy from home to bring. I understand that it provided him with 'some' comfort but of course DD's eyes would light up whenever she saw a new toy coming nto the house, but of course he didn't want her to touch it - neither did I incase she broke it! I hated it because she shared her toys with him all day long. One evening he lost part of his toy and I spent a good chunk of my evening searching for it. Now I explain to parents at the first meeting that I only allow a comfort toy for bedtime.

k1rstie
29-10-2012, 08:08 AM
But I wish parents would remember their child brought it as I am always popping cuddleys back home!

Me too, I am often sticking cuddly toys back through letter boxes in the dark. I am too soft to leave it till the next day:littleangel:

PixiePetal
29-10-2012, 12:08 PM
I have empty drawstring bags on hooks in hall, mindees have to put their toys in there. They come out for sleep time if cuddlys or if they are willing to share. Some toys I would rather not come out so they stay (small pieces etc) or are sent home before they make it in the door! Anything left at the end of the day, which I find on clearing up, go in the bag till next time - or parent can collect! They all know to use the bags or things get mislaid

JCrakers
29-10-2012, 12:25 PM
Thank goodness I've already had my half term...done and dusted :clapping:

Have fun!!

cathtee
29-10-2012, 07:41 PM
We're back at school today :clapping: although it was a good one and no argueing I still like the term time routine:D

mushpea
29-10-2012, 08:54 PM
I had an 8year old bring a toy from home last week, I pointed out that if it came out of his bag he would need to share it, he was horrifyed and couldnt understand why he should share his own toys so I said "thats fine go and play with your toy but please dont play with any of mine" he looked at me gobsmacked but got the message and back went the toy:laughing:
All of mine either send them home or share unless its a comfortor which only comes out when needed,

Kirstylob
30-10-2012, 11:31 AM
Oh the joys!!! Mine are allowed a special comforter - only 1 at the moment uses one. The others are told quite clearly if they bring a toy from home they have to share it. All the toys in my house belong to me and I allow them to pay and share them, would they like it if I wouldn't share? They are usually pretty good but if they forget to share the toy is put away until they go home. They do sometimes have to be reminded that sharing and turn taking are different things!
Might sound a bit harsh but they are old enough to understand and I am nice about it.

loocyloo
30-10-2012, 11:36 AM
pretty much all toys from home are put in childs bag as soon as they walk in the door! then they don't get lost of fought over!