PDA

View Full Version : children who ignore you when they are with parents

Mollymop
20-06-2008, 12:13 PM
Hi all,

I just wondered if many of you look after children who go quiet on you and don't talk to you when they are with their parents.

My mindee has started to do it more and more.

She never says bye to me and just hides her face on her mum's shoulder when it is time to go.

Her mum tells her to say goodbye, but she looks sulky.

Today the lo stood on the doorstep holding her hands over her face and wouldn't come in.

I said to her mum, that she is fine when she is here, and her mum said she is just acting.

SHe came in ok in the end, but seemed all quiet and sulky until her mum went and then as soon as her mum was gone she was the normal bubbly, laughing, chatting little one she naturally is.

Please tell me I am not the only one with the problem !!

berkschick
20-06-2008, 12:16 PM
Its done for effect!

My eldest daughter was and still is the same!

She was in Paris last weekend. I asked her if she enjoyed herself. I got " was alright I spose if you like mouldy food under your bed and a shower that doesnt work"

Just picked her photos up and she has 48 of her laughing, joking and having the time of her life but she will never admit it to me ;)

sarah707
20-06-2008, 12:16 PM
You are not the only one with a problem!

I have one who won't talk to me on the street when she is with mum or dad ... it seems rude but it's not...

I think they are just punishing parents for going to work, however much fun they have while they are gone :rolleyes:

Tily Bud
20-06-2008, 01:25 PM
Ive had a couple that do this or scream the place down when they are left only to shut up as soon as mum has walked out the door :eek:

brit_chick
20-06-2008, 04:24 PM
Ive got a 2 year old who doesnt listen when its home time & when his mum comes to pick him & his brother up.When his mum comes he go's stright to the toys & starts playing with them & when i tell him 'no its home time' he takes no notice of me what so ever :mad:

Mollymop
20-06-2008, 04:32 PM
Seems quite a common thing then, but it still makes me feel uncomfortable. I always get paranoid about what the parents must think about it.

carolinel
20-06-2008, 04:37 PM
it's def not just you!

my mindee's both go really quiet and ignore me if I see them out and about with their parents. I'm used to it now but in the beginning I used to think oh no, parents must think she hates me!

Mollymop
20-06-2008, 04:39 PM
I'm used to it now but in the beginning I used to think oh no, parents must think she hates me!

haha, that is what I have been thinking

Lottie
20-06-2008, 04:51 PM
You're not alone! Two of mine regularly sulk when the parents turn up. They either sulk at the parents or me, it depends on their mood at the time. It can be embarrassing and frustrating, for both parties, especially when the sulks then turn into major tantrums like today.... :(

sue m
20-06-2008, 06:28 PM
Mine used to all be really 'naughty'. Can we say that word??? I think every single child I had over 16 years did it, when their Mums came in for a while in the mornings they were bad and when they picked them up at night. They did everything they knew they weren't allowed to do, jump on and off the settee, kick the furniture and take a bite out of every apple in the bowl and one used to go round beating the other kids up and their mothers never stopped them and if I told them off, they ignored me. The one who used to hit the others used to blow raspberries at me. That particular one though, he'd come on a morning and cry when his Mum left cos he knew he was going to get told off for the night before then he was as good as gold all day for me as they all were. LOL

Sue x

littlewonders
20-06-2008, 07:01 PM
I have one who does this every now and again. He has started screaming when his mum is about to go....at 6:30 in the morning :( I always feel so sorry for mum. After a few minutes he is totally fine as if nothing had happened!

Monkey1
20-06-2008, 09:09 PM
Don't get me starting on this one! I have a little one who likes to do everything she knows i don't let her do when mum turns up like climb on the sofa, throw toys, etc etc etc, and mum says nothing and the little one looks at me with a glint in her eye!:angry:

angeldelight
20-06-2008, 09:14 PM
Yes I agree some of my children do this too - so annoying

Angel xx

Donkey
20-06-2008, 09:56 PM
my baby has just learnt to do it. screams when I leave her with dad or my mum, 2 minutes later she is happy and playing. don't half pull at my heart strings