PDA

View Full Version : Planing, RAG, got to do weekly/ long term planning

Npg1
28-10-2012, 08:03 AM
Hi everyone. Only bee registered since august and look after an 11 month old 2 days a week. I had a RAG on friday and was told I am doing lots of good things but need to do some planning.

She told me to do weekly plans and a long term plan. I have printed out a long term plan, will put on there xmas, halloween, easter and other holidays. I havet managed to find a weekly planner that I think is suitable. I was going to do a monthly plan with each day I have the child and an activity per day?

How can I come up with a plan like this? Also does an activity I do for the day, eg, playdough have to cover all learning outcomes or can it just be for a couple?

Thaks

kats
28-10-2012, 08:16 AM
Hi, i just have a simple A4 sheet split into....... The activities the child chose to do, activities i chose for the child to do, planning for next week and evaluation, Childs name, age and date at the top. My inspector loved it ( i got the basic idea off Sarah some time ago and adapted it to my needs) :)

Npg1
28-10-2012, 08:26 AM
Thank you! Thats the type of thing I need. Should I do one sheet a week or can I do it monthly? Is there a download for the sheet?

Thanks

sarah707
28-10-2012, 08:45 AM
Weekly planning for little ones must follow their individual interests and learning styles - look in free resources at my play plan for some ideas.

Weekly planning for older children will follow their interests - and seasons, celebrations etc. Much of it can be written up after the event as you reflect on what the children have enjoyed doing.

Hth :D

Npg1
28-10-2012, 08:51 AM
Ok brill thanks!