PDA

View Full Version : help 2.5yrold with no attention span and only child here ideas of what to do please

mushpea
26-10-2012, 08:27 PM
next friday I will have a2.5yrold, it will be her 2nd day with me after a gap of 2 weeks due to illness, it will be just me and her, shes a whirl wind and has no attention span whatsoever so what can I do with her all day,, i thought of going for a walk in the morning either collecting leaves or puddle splashing which ever the weather allows! and ithought I would try and do some sort of fireworks activity with her but other than that what can i do, do I just let her play if shes happy to for the other times or do i try and get her to do stuff

Max71
26-10-2012, 08:36 PM
next friday I will have a2.5yrold, it will be her 2nd day with me after a gap of 2 weeks due to illness, it will be just me and her, shes a whirl wind and has no attention span whatsoever so what can I do with her all day,, i thought of going for a walk in the morning either collecting leaves or puddle splashing which ever the weather allows! and ithought I would try and do some sort of fireworks activity with her but other than that what can i do, do I just let her play if shes happy to for the other times or do i try and get her to do stuff

I would let her play in between activities, gives you time to get to know what she likes and time to get to know each other

sarah707
26-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Balance adult Led with child initiated - find out from mum what she likes doing at home and put out some ideas.

Good luck :D

kel1983
27-10-2012, 08:55 AM
omg!! I have one of these too. She is ok all the time I am sitting with her but hen I walk away she gets up and wonders. I have this one everyday and struggle to keep her mind focused. I have found that geting out on walks or even just out in the garden helps. She loves the sand try and would happily play with that all day. Or water. She is very into washing her hands at the moment just so she can mess around in the sink :angry:Im thinking of having warm water in the water tray next week with boats out on our decking area. Dont trust hem indoors. Not sure our laminate flooring could cope.v

blue bear
27-10-2012, 10:25 AM
Do you have a friend you can meet up with, with another lo?
I'd be letting lo lead the play, find what she likes doing, set her off and withdraw, give her lots of different kinds of resources to build on her play,so she goes from one thing to another but along the same theme.