PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Low This Morning

kel1983
26-10-2012, 09:17 AM
I have been working alone for the past 2 weeks as my co-minder (my mum) is away on holiday. I have been juggling children to keep within my numbers and have ensured all children re treated eually and no one left out. I have taken them out as much as possible and always offer the option to play outside. Pretty much the same as it would have been if my cominder was about.

All has been going well until this morning when one mum turned up with a lo nd said she had been very badly behaved last night at home and blamed it on the fact that my cominder is away. :angry: Now this has made me feel rubbish. This lo is always misbehaving for us even for my co-minder so why is it any different now. She knows her lo is no angel and that she is a handful. We could have been really awkward and shut for the 2 weeks. I would have loved 2 weeks off but we felt that would have not been fair on our families.

I am feeling really low after hearing that comment.

Toothfairy
26-10-2012, 09:45 AM
Don't feel bad, the easiest thing for parents to do is to blame their childs bad behaviour on someone else.
It takes the onus off them.
You know that the childs routine has been kept as close to normal as possible therefore it looks to me as though the child was just beeing badly behaved for Mum and she has tried to find an excuse by blameing someone else.

Smile sweetly through gritted teeth and carry on :thumbsup:

Mouse
26-10-2012, 10:00 AM
It's so unfair when parents try to blame us for their child's behaviour at home.

I have one child who comes on a Mon and Tue. One FRIDAY evening mum phoned me and said what had I done differently as lo's behaviour had been awful that day - 3 days after I'd last had her! I said nothing, what had parents done differently? Mum said nothing, apart from lo having stayed up late Thursday night at a party, but mum really couldnt see how that would have made a difference. :eek:

With some parents you really can't win. It was rude of your mindee's mum to suggest it was because of you that little one's behaviour was bad. Perhaps tell her that next time your co-minder is away you feel it would be best if she takes the time off work to look after her own child :thumbsup:

kel1983
26-10-2012, 10:21 AM
Thanks Guys I am feeling a bit better now. Another mum has just turned up with a very large chocolate cake the other lo's I have this morning were fighting bou who loved me more. :laughing: Roll on 12.30 when the mentioned lo goes home and I get 2 days break from her.

Kirstylob
26-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Glad your feeling better. Enjoy your weekend and forget about the thoughtless mum. I agree with Toothfairy and maybe mum could take time off next time. This job would be so much better without having to deal with parents sometimes!!