PDA

View Full Version : How ridiculous...

Tatjana
25-10-2012, 04:07 PM
Netmums, again.

Does anyone else agree that it's unfair you can't claim childcare costs for family... (http://www.netmums.com/coffeehouse/working-childcare-692/childcare-691/839001-does-anyone-else-agree-its-unfair-you-cant-claim-childcare-costs-family.html#post8415427)

migimoo
25-10-2012, 04:13 PM
What a bunch of twonks!!

Pipsqueak
25-10-2012, 04:21 PM
no I'm on the other one about my childminder is great but I think my (preemie) 1.5yr old needs more structure and 'tough love ' approach and that i think she is picking up how to tantrum from the older children

Pipsqueak
25-10-2012, 04:22 PM
What a bunch of twonks!!

yep NumptyMums:D

Tatjana
25-10-2012, 04:27 PM
I bet none of us knew the real reason we have to be registered and do all the stuff we do, it's certainly an eye opener to me:

Childminders have to do this to prove they can look after a number of children that they have never met before, this is a very different situation.

Tatjana
25-10-2012, 04:27 PM
no I'm on the other one about my childminder is great but I think my (preemie) 1.5yr old needs more structure and 'tough love ' approach and that i think she is picking up how to tantrum from the older children

Ooh haven't seen that yet.

Pipsqueak
25-10-2012, 04:42 PM
the thread you quoted is just getting better and better....

now apparently you hear weekly about the 'sick and vile acts' childminders commit

and people should question whether childminders have a 'childs best interests at heart'

Bear23
25-10-2012, 04:44 PM

i'm reading this one too x omg comes to mind x

k1rstie
25-10-2012, 04:56 PM
You know your children are safe which is better then any childminder when we hear how they are arrested weekly for sick acts with children under their care. post 28.

Its Wednesday already this week, and I still have not been arrested. 2 more days to go - looking forward to this weeks arrest?

I have not ever looked at Netmums till this week - what a horrible lot. What about Olga yesterday!!!

I have heard spokeswomen from Netmums on the Radio in the past- unfortunatly they seem to have a very big voice.

singingcactus
25-10-2012, 05:00 PM
Sorry, lost interest at the, 'he earns £1800 per month, but only has £35 left after bills'. I think someone needs to learn to budget better, cos for only 2 people that is plenty to live on without expecting taxpayers money to provide them with a second income and free childcare.

Bear23
25-10-2012, 05:07 PM
[QUOTE=k1rstie;1174976]You know your children are safe which is better then any childminder when we hear how they are arrested weekly for sick acts with children under their care. post 28.

Its Wednesday already this week, and I still have not been arrested. 2 more days to go - looking forward to this weeks arrest?

i nearly choked with this lol :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Tatjana
25-10-2012, 05:28 PM
the thread you quoted is just getting better and better....

now apparently you hear weekly about the 'sick and vile acts' childminders commit

and people should question whether childminders have a 'childs best interests at heart'

Yes, it is best to leave children in care of family only...as they never commit these 'sick and vile acts'.

Tatjana
25-10-2012, 05:30 PM
You know your children are safe which is better then any childminder when we hear how they are arrested weekly for sick acts with children under their care. post 28.

I have not ever looked at Netmums till this week - what a horrible lot. What about Olga yesterday!!!

I have heard spokeswomen from Netmums on the Radio in the past- unfortunatly they seem to have a very big voice.

:laughing::laughing::laughing::ROFL1::ROFL1::ROFL1 ::magnificent:

cathtee
25-10-2012, 05:50 PM
Yes, it is best to leave children in care of family only...as they never commit these 'sick and vile acts'.

...........................of course they don't. you only have to switch on the news:mad:

bunyip
25-10-2012, 06:31 PM

:clapping:
Of course they have a very big voice: their DH's are running the country. ;)

I have to confess to a tiny wee bit of sympathy for the OP on Nutmums. As a grandparent, I gave up work to help my DD with childcare so she could finish her studies and work for the NHS, and also to assist my mother-in-law help my father-in-law be cared for in some small degree of comfort in the months before he died. All the fine superannuated suits in the ConDemNation government tell us to take responsibility for our loved ones, but there was not a single penny of support for me in all this.:(

Oh well, at least becoming a CM should guarantee me fame and fortune. I gather the first £20million is the hardest. :rolleyes:

hectors house
25-10-2012, 08:23 PM
On a course once we were that there is no more risk of your child being abducted or attacked now than there was 40 years ago when I was growing up - it is all just publisied more and we were also told it is probably safer to let your kids go to the park with the old man from down the road than it is with "uncle bob" - as it does mostly seem to be family or family friends who commit these crimes against children.

karens knippers
25-10-2012, 08:39 PM
:eeeek: :rolleyes: :doh: :ROFL1: well think that covers wat I think without wasting my breath.some people lol

bunyip
25-10-2012, 08:54 PM
On a course once we were that there is no more risk of your child being abducted or attacked now than there was 40 years ago when I was growing up - it is all just publisied more and we were also told it is probably safer to let your kids go to the park with the old man from down the road than it is with "uncle bob" - as it does mostly seem to be family or family friends who commit these crimes against children.

Absolutely. The offending rate for this kind of crime is apparently pretty constant since the second world war. That's despite the fact that there are now a far greater number of abductions due to custody disputes than before (when fewer people separated/divorced). So that implies that the risk of being picked off by a stranger has actually fallen. Yes, it's also a sad fact that the greatest risk of harm is at the hands of family or someone known to the child. That's why many CMs don't teach "stranger danger" but do warn about "tricky people" instead.

May I assume you were on a safeguarding course? I don't suppose they drew any conclusions from the fact that the risk of abuse to children remained constant over all those years despite the UK now having some of the toughest safeguarding/child protection regulations in the world? No, I didn't think so. I suppose they'd be rather shooting themselves in the foot if they did. :(