PDA

View Full Version : Charter for quality

Tink
25-10-2012, 03:34 PM
Hi just wondering if anyone has Charter for Quality and what your thoughts are with the work involved? and is it really worth it?
I am currently full and extremely busy not sure if I have the time for more work?:panic:

mrs robbie williams
25-10-2012, 06:05 PM
i dont know tbh, havent heard of it before but will be watching for replies from those in the know :thumbsup:

moggy
25-10-2012, 06:46 PM
Not heard of it... is it a thing from your local authority? From a quick googling it looks like a Sheffield initiative, sounds similar to becoming a Network member in my area. Do parents know about it and ask for it in your area, does the council promote it as something to ask for? It sounds a bit like our Network membership here, but that is worth doing because it is the way to get accredited and be able to offer free entitlement.

Rubybubbles
25-10-2012, 07:14 PM
ooo whats that all about then? Ffcers style?

moggy
25-10-2012, 08:01 PM
Not heard of it... is it a thing from your local authority? From a quick googling it looks like a Sheffield initiative, sounds similar to becoming a Network member in my area. Do parents know about it and ask for it in your area, does the council promote it as something to ask for? It sounds a bit like our Network membership here, but that is worth doing because it is the way to get accredited and be able to offer free entitlement.

Tink
26-10-2012, 06:07 AM

No parents don't ask for it, they haven't got a clue what it means and I don't honestly think it's something a parent would look for to be honest, they know as soon as they walk through your door if your the right person or not.
My network coordinator wants me to do it because I am accredited?
I don't advertise my business very much because all my parents are from word of mouth from others which is a bigger bonus to me that having more paperwork to say I provide quality childcare.
I don't think I will bother to be honest, my business is doing fine just the way it is.:thumbsup:

moggy
26-10-2012, 10:13 AM
No parents don't ask for it, they haven't got a clue what it means and I don't honestly think it's something a parent would look for to be honest, they know as soon as they walk through your door if your the right person or not.
My network coordinator wants me to do it because I am accredited?
I don't advertise my business very much because all my parents are from word of mouth from others which is a bigger bonus to me that having more paperwork to say I provide quality childcare.
I don't think I will bother to be honest, my business is doing fine just the way it is.:thumbsup:

Sounds like a good decision, I do think sometimes that some LA depts think up these schemes to justify their own existence and keep themselves employed. There are plenty enough ways to grade and improve performance- Ofsted grades, accreditation, having Level 3, NCMA Prof Standards, Networks...