PDA

View Full Version : lo not listning - advice

adele1985
25-10-2012, 01:50 PM
ive got a nearly 4 year old lo who just does not listen, this is also the case at home and school too

i must ask this lo to do the same thing about 7 times before she does it - we had words before i took to nursery this afternoon ( she has been winding other mindee up all morning taking toys from her to get a reaction ect as well as being asked to do things like put shoes on over and over again) her favourite saying at the mo is "wel im going to be good at school" :rolleyes:

i told her she wouldent be playing with the playdough this afternoon after school because of this behaviour but im thinking is this right as its been 3 hours since the bad behaviour

what do you so if a child misbehaves with you just before nursery

Pipsqueak
25-10-2012, 01:57 PM
change tack - whisper at Lo to get their attention
use their name, touch them on the shoulder, cup their face to you and 'teach' them to listen
i certainly never repeat myself 3 times let alone 7.

do some listening exercises to increase attention span

as for the 'ill be good at school' - great then you can be good here too - have high expectations

and no she wouldn't be playing with the playdough - she is old enough to understand consequences - when she moans remind her why.

some children need to be trained to listen to instruction
sounds like this LO is getting negative attention and enjoying it

honestly change tack and whisper things etc...

Tatjana
25-10-2012, 02:14 PM
change tack - whisper at Lo to get their attention
use their name, touch them on the shoulder, cup their face to you and 'teach' them to listen
i certainly never repeat myself 3 times let alone 7.

do some listening exercises to increase attention span

as for the 'ill be good at school' - great then you can be good here too - have high expectations

and no she wouldn't be playing with the playdough - she is old enough to understand consequences - when she moans remind her why.

some children need to be trained to listen to instruction
sounds like this LO is getting negative attention and enjoying it

honestly change tack and whisper things etc...

Great advice :thumbsup: