PDA

View Full Version : Observation, Assessment & Planning

Paula1974
25-10-2012, 12:17 PM
Hi All

This week I have met with my Early Years Advisor, she has said I need to delve into my observations a bit more to help me plan play opportunities for the children. For example I have a little boy who is just 2 and he loves cars, motorbikes and diggers, and the question I need to ask myself is WHY!! does he like cars, diggers & motorbikes, is it because of the movement of the wheels, the sound they or the child makes etc etc.

So in theory if I know why he enjoys a certain type of play I can plan play opportunities to suit his learning and development.

Does anyone have and information or recommend any books, strategies etc to help with unpicking children's play to help to plan for their learning and development.

I hope that makes sense and is not too waffled.

Paula1974:)

zippy
25-10-2012, 12:57 PM
oml, why can't they just let them be lol........ I swear they just like to make more work for us. Sorry no real useful input, although there may be an ebook of sarahs that may help, someone else hopefully will be along in a bit to help

Paula1974
25-10-2012, 01:06 PM
oml, why can't they just let them be lol........ I swear they just like to make more work for us. Sorry no real useful input, although there may be an ebook of sarahs that may help, someone else hopefully will be along in a bit to help

Thank you Zippy, my head hurts with all the information overload, I quite agree with you, he is playing with cars etc just because he loves them...lol

Paula1974 :)

Ballette
25-10-2012, 01:13 PM
Paula, you might find some of this information on schemas of use, although I agree, why can't a child like cars just because they like cars?:huh:

Paula1974
25-10-2012, 01:18 PM
Paula, you might find some of this information on schemas of use, although I agree, why can't a child like cars just because they like cars?:huh:

Thank you, that's great I will have a look through, I do have a bit of info on schema's I think its just a case of information overload at the moment and I can't seem to think about it logically just getting a brain freeze. x