PDA

View Full Version : Help with an observation : )

kellyb
25-10-2012, 10:18 AM
Hi lovely people!

Hope you're all ok!

One of my littlies is just fabulous, she is sooooo clever! Yesterday we got out our ELC button board and she matched the green, yellow, blue and red big buttons to the right holes! Shes only 17 months! What would you put it down as in the EYFS?? Would you put as EAD - Experiments with blocks, colours and marks?? Cant find anything anout matching

Many thanks in advance!!

jo.jo76
25-10-2012, 10:29 AM
You could also link to Mathematics: Shape, space and measure, as it is sorting/categorising according to colour

Jo

The Juggler
25-10-2012, 10:29 AM
see now I'm all for the focus on the 3 prime areas but it's driving me insane that there is nowhere to record this for this age group in revised EYFS. I posted on another thread last night - no colour recognition, no time and place awareness and no sorting and matching.

Personally, I'd note it under the maths area without an age range and just say, is sorting and matching colours showing problem solving skills :thumbsup: or if there is an age range for this skill (can't think off top of my head) stick her in the higher age range that records this skill - she is doing it after all

kellyb
25-10-2012, 10:36 AM
Thank you muchly! I sometimes cant see for looking! Still getting used to where everything is in the revised EYFS

jo.jo76
25-10-2012, 10:52 AM
It can be linked to PD too as she would have been using fine motor skills.
I link mine to the prime area first then any other specific areas. So for this I could do PD: Moving and Handling 16-26mths, M: Space shape and measure 16-26mths and EAD: Exploring and using media and materials 22-36mths

Rubybubbles
25-10-2012, 02:42 PM
don't forget how it fits into the Characteristics of learning;)

Acitve learning, Playing and explorings and def thinking haha!!

also PSED self confidence and self awareness