PDA

View Full Version : New Certificates

catlyn
25-10-2012, 09:15 AM
Has anyone else recieved their new registration certificate...mine came yesterday because I rang a few weeks ago to tell Ofsted i was increasing my numbers and wanted to check if i needed to do anything about my assistant....the wording on it reads as follows:

The registred provider must comply with the requirements for the early Years register set out in the Statuatory Framework for the Early years Foundation Stage. This includes a requirement to give parents information about their provision. the EYFS is available at Foundation Years (http://www.foundationyears.org).
The registred provider must comply with the requirements for the Childcare Register. For more information please go to the relevant fact sheet

It then gives a list of websites for further information

At the bottom in bold it says

It is an offence for the registred person not to comply with any conditions of registration without reasonable excuse.

No mention of numbers....lady on the phone told me it wouldnt and she also asked if i wanted to waive my right to 14 days cooling off period???? apparantly we all have the right to object to the changes in our registration....in a letter that came with it it has all my previous conditions ( numbers, rooms I was allowed to use, no overnight care) alongside these it has now got all conditions removed in line with change in Ofsted policy....so looks like I can now provide overnight care and use the upper floors of my house

JCrakers
25-10-2012, 09:33 AM
I've not got mine yet..still waiting.

I can see a huge problem with the decision that Ofsted have made. There's going to be a lot of problems caused I think. Ofsted have washed their hands of it and left us with no help or advice. A helpline would have been good, even for a month or so, so all our questions could have been answered.

There are a lot of posts about variations and everyone's opinions are different. Who's to say the inspector will agree with our decisions. One may agree where as another may disagree.

It's an absolute shambles :mad:

Mouse
25-10-2012, 10:32 AM
I agree with JC, a help line would have been good. Why couldn't they have let us have access to inspectors who could tell us whether or not they would agree with our understanding and reasoning?

They seem to be refering people to their LA, but to be honest, I wouldn't trust what my DO tells me

cathtee
25-10-2012, 05:27 PM
Hi, the new certificates no longer as you say states numbers you can care for, as it is set out in the statutory framework for the eyfs,
in paragraph3.39 it states that childminders may care for no more than 6 under 8's (including any of childminders own children) of these
a maximum of 3 may be younger children and 1 under the age of 1. Which basically is the same as it was before, just not in black and white any more.

Hope this is what you were querying.