PDA

View Full Version : Quick help needed please. Shall I cancel parent meeting?!

smurfette
25-10-2012, 09:03 AM
Hi .. Have been interviewing parents this week for a spot I have avaiable from january.. Last night I had a lady come who wants from March but is happy to pay me something towards the space from January which quite suits me because I will be busy really until then and will be full enough ... Tonight I have a lady scheduled who also wants March but it turns out her uncle lives next door to me, and her cousin who lives in the uk but stays at home with her dad next door to me when she is home is a really good friend of mine.! Dh says cancel apt, dont **** on your own doorstep and if anything goes wrong it could be a problem, and leaving that aside I am inclined to go with the lady last night. DOnt want to waste her time or mine if I can't help her but should I see her anyway in case a spot does come up . Is 6 months away!!

If I do cancel what do I say .. Don't have phone number just email ? Thanks!

scottishlass
25-10-2012, 09:17 AM
Hi Murphf

I think as you have someone else happy to start you could maybe just email to say the space has been filled and would she like to be added to your waiting list or if you had details of another cm who could take them? Would be different if you have no-one else lined up but as you do it might make things easier :)

JCrakers
25-10-2012, 09:20 AM
I would see both families because from experience if you cancel one you can guarantee the one you wanted changes her mind and you are left with none.

Also the children may be different. One may be an angel the other could be a handful. So I would see both sets and tell them you have other people to see :D
Then make up your mind from there.

caz3007
25-10-2012, 09:50 AM
I would see both families because from experience if you cancel one you can guarantee the one you wanted changes her mind and you are left with none.

I would go with this too and suggest its the first to sign up and pay a deposit if they both want you

The Juggler
25-10-2012, 10:17 AM
if the first arrangement suits (i.e. you are really busy until March anyway) I'd say cancel the second lady because I agree with your husband ;) then if first lady doesn't work out you still have lots of time to find something else.