PDA

View Full Version : Baby car seats!!

Buttonsjan
24-10-2012, 11:34 AM
Hi
Just had my first little one start this week, and I really struggled getting their baby car seat into the back of my ford s max. Had to move the seat back, and it really was only just going in because the seat belt was only just long enough. Spoke to mum and asked if I could use my 0+ big can seat that can face backwards, she said yes.

I had a go this morning and there's no way that's going in, the seat belt is def not long enough!

Have i got a strange car, what does everyone else do??

Thanks

littletreasures
24-10-2012, 11:45 AM
I use a isofix car seat base. I have one for a Maxi Cosi and a Britax. They are fixed by isofix and then the baby car seat just clicks in to place.

Saves a lot of faff getting the seatbelt round the car seat. The bases can be fixed by a seat belt too.

Buttonsjan
24-10-2012, 12:28 PM
Right, I hadn't thought of that! More expense :panic:

hectors house
24-10-2012, 01:34 PM
I can get the rear facing baby seats you carry into back of my renault scenic megane X reg - but can't get my 0-1 stage seat that goes rear or forward facing into my car rear facing - as my seatbelt too short too! so I have to borrow child's own seat until they can sit forward facing in mine.

Buttonsjan
24-10-2012, 06:04 PM
Hmm, hubby has just come up with the idea of a seat belt extender?? Any good do you think?

Buttonsjan
24-10-2012, 06:06 PM
Just done some research, and apparently not a good idea!

Buttonsjan
24-10-2012, 06:19 PM
Didn't really want to buy a 'baby' car seat as I'm not looking to take on any more babies and mum would let me borrow hers, but it doesn't really fit.

When I rear face my 0+ car seat, the seat belt doesn't fit, so I've just looked for a rear facing isofox that takes from birth - no apparently not!!! argh

littletreasures
24-10-2012, 06:36 PM
I know it might be a pain, but has Mum got a base for the car seat, that you can use along with the car seat itself?

Buttonsjan
25-10-2012, 07:03 AM
I'll ask ta