PDA

View Full Version : Childminding Assistants

michelleangus
24-10-2012, 05:01 AM
Hi, i need some help and i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. i have assistants working with me who are all family, and i've just found out i am supposed to have a file on them to show how i give them all the information they need, as well as doing a 4 weekly appraisal on each of can, observing them doing a observation on a child, can anyone give me some advice where to start, thank you Michelle

Tatjana
24-10-2012, 10:00 AM
Why do they need to do obs? My hubby is my assistant, I am the primary carer and as I am the childminder I do all obs.

As I keep saying...isn't it great that the revised EYFS gives us so much less paperwork to do?! :angry:

catlyn
24-10-2012, 10:17 AM
can I ask who told you that?? i dont do any of that with my assistant *(daughter) just have a basic file about her with her first aid certificate and list of qualifications in....also copies of signed consents from parents to allow her to be left...she doesnt do obs and I dont appraise her

bunyip
24-10-2012, 10:31 AM
I don't see why they should have to do obs. The CM has to act as "key person" for every child. I suppose it might help if you could get them to do some obs, just to back up your own and cross-check your results.

I keep a sort of CPD/training record for my assistant (Mrs bunyip). It's really just to sign and date when she does her first aid, and to show she's read my policies, RAs and any updates. :)

michelleangus
29-10-2012, 03:15 PM
Hi because i have assistants i had to go on appraisal course through our local council, and we were told we need a file to show how we pass all the information to our assistants, also we have to do 4 to 6 weekly appraisals with assistants, and have all what we do and say to them in a file for ofsted to see, i just dont know where to start.