PDA

View Full Version : Lots of calls this week

angeldelight
20-06-2008, 09:04 AM
I have had no calls for minding for ages and ages

Not that I need them im fairly full anyway

But yesterday I had two calls and this morning already I have had 3 calls

Strange how that happens I have had to turn them all down because they were all for 1 - 2 year olds so I could not have them - I have enough with the ones I already have thanks !

So for all you out there that havent had a call maybe the same will happen to you soon

Angel xx

mrsbumbles
20-06-2008, 09:08 AM
Me too, i have had two parents approach me at the school this week, but i am full.

The after school club is full and so are the rest of the minders at school.

Parents are crying out for help at the moment.

charleyfarley
20-06-2008, 09:18 AM
That's great news and just shows parents are out there wanting our services.

It's a shame neither of you could accept any of the children though.

Reminds me I need to update the CIS, haven't done it for ages :blush:

Carol xx

gailee
20-06-2008, 09:27 AM
Your lucky your full and can turn work away what area do you live in???
I've not had any enquires for months i think it was January when i my last proper enquiry???? must be the area!!! i'm down to 1 child p/t and 3 there just p/t just for school hols only ( 1 leaving next week (TWINS) and 1's cancelled her places for September so i'm gutted and very broke
:mad:
Gail

angeldelight
20-06-2008, 09:28 AM
Hope you get some calls soon Gail

Lots of children are getting ready to start nursery and school come September and moms are going back to college or work so I hope you get some more calls soon

I had not had any for a while myself

Good luck

Angel xx

Tily Bud
20-06-2008, 10:42 AM
Its a bit like that in my area, you dont get a call foe ages then you get a few :eek:

Angela234
20-06-2008, 10:48 AM
I find its up and down i haven't had any calls for a little while, i only have 1 space 1 day a week anyway so not really looking and have filled my September vacancy but will still have a1 day vacancy which is very hard to fill

There are more minders registering here hope there will be enough work

Angela

katickles
20-06-2008, 11:54 AM
Thats good to know that the enquires are out there,

I'm sure my ohone will ring very soon!

:)

SimplyLucy
20-06-2008, 12:29 PM
Just updated my info with CIS.

Told them I have 2 full time under 5 spaces........I don't technically have them until October, and only will have them then if they sort out the raising 5's issue! I

:D

angeldelight
20-06-2008, 12:55 PM
UPDATE

I have had some more calls since I posted

Found out that my local council have sent letters to everyone who has a child in nursery in my area with a list of childminders names

Thought it was odd to get so many calls but now I know why

Angel xx

sue m
20-06-2008, 06:47 PM
I must put my name down on CIS Angel. My CSDO said she would hope to get me working very soon but for the last few weeks it's been very quiet. I'm on job seekers allowance so have to go and sign on every two weeks.

I found something out by accident the other week, anyone who hasn't been working for a while, who's been on benefit and will be working more than 16 hours a week can claim a new benefit called Return to Work Credit and you can have it for a year. Thought it might be worth a mention to anyone who is in my situation, not been working and on some kind of benefit. If I can work 30 hours per week and also get working tax credit AND this return to work credit, it'll help cover the money I lost when 'someone' lost my grant form. I filled it in when I did the ICP course and sent it off in the envelope provided and not a soul has seen it since. Mind you, I did get a very wet letter through my door the other day and someone had written on it 'picked up in street'. That was from the NCMA. I don't know who it was so can't say thank you. Anyway, I asked at the job centre about this return to work credit and the woman said ask us for a frm to fill in when you start work.

Sue x

Lottie
20-06-2008, 06:49 PM
It's been busy around here too with parents looking for care. I have had to turn them away unfortunately.

Spangles
20-06-2008, 07:00 PM
Why did the local council do that? That's weird.

I had loads the other week as a local childminder was giving up due to EYFS.

carolinel
20-06-2008, 07:46 PM
it is strange of council to do that, but hey - free advertising!!

Mollymop
20-06-2008, 08:42 PM
I have had 3 enquires this week! Only problem is I have not been able to help any of them and I have lots of vacancies.

It has all been down to wrong school and playschool, etc, damn it!