PDA

View Full Version : crazy afterschool club hours

loocyloo
23-10-2012, 04:27 PM
a school in the next village has just announced that from half term ( ie ... in 2 weeks time ) they will no longer be running a breakfast club. only 3 weeks ago they put the cost up from £1 a child to £2.50 a child! ... apparently it was because they were not meeting their costs, so they put the price up WITH NO NOTICE ( well, maybe a couple of days! ) not surprisingly some parents left, meaning they are still not meeting their costs ( it only ran from 8-9am )

AND from half term, afterschool club will finish at ... 5pm! currently finishes at 5.30pm.

sibling of mindee i currently have has asked if there is anyway i can collect sibling from school, even it means sibling being at afterschool club for a bit, as there is no way they can collect sibling at 5pm, 5.30 was a push!

i've said i can, as long as weather isn't bad! they are a lovely family with super children!

but i can't get over the afterschool club thinking this is going to help! mum says lots of people are very upset! and there is NO OTHER childcare in the village, which is why the club was set up!

Ripeberry
23-10-2012, 05:57 PM
Sounds like the club is going to close soon. Our local after school club did something similar by reducing days they were open from 4 to 2 and then just closed! But by then not many parents were using them and lots of parents in my area don't work or have family and friends to help out.

TNT
23-10-2012, 06:30 PM
We have the opposite problem, a school near us does breakfast club from 7.30am and after school club until 6.30pm for many schools in the area. They also do school holiday clubs for £20 a day and take them out every day to theme parks, cinema, swimming, all things that I cant do with lots of little ones.