PDA

View Full Version : 10m old screecher

JCrakers
22-10-2012, 10:50 AM
Hi have a lovely 10m old who started in Sept. She settled in really well and is lovely.

Problem is she has recently started to scream (not cry) and screech in a very high pichted tone to get the attention of the other 2 girls I look after and myself.

She thinks this is great....I dont :laughing:

My poor ears and head :panic:

Muffin
22-10-2012, 11:41 AM
I know the feeling I look after two boys of 18months, one of them screeches and starts the other one off it can go on most of the day. It's not nice :(

melco
22-10-2012, 11:46 AM
I know the feeling I look after two boys of 18months, one of them screeches and starts the other one off it can go on most of the day. It's not nice :(

me too!! I have a 14mth old who screams when he wants something and its upsetting the other children in my care. I also have a 10mth who is starting to copy the 14mth old and parents are not happy. So I don't know what to do. Spoke to his mum on Friday about it and just asked what she does to get him to stop but it sounds like she does nothing and he gets what he was screaming for. I don't want to lose the 10mth old because of the 14mth old screamer. I know I have not been able to help but know what you are going through.

Hope you get some answers

x

Jo Jo
22-10-2012, 11:47 AM
Oh dear not good then :( I don't know what to suggest :(

dette
22-10-2012, 12:02 PM
gaffa tape :D

Mummits
22-10-2012, 12:20 PM
I think it takes a while, but I think you need to demostrate that shrieking (or any other sort of unwelcome behaviour) just doesn't work. I have had the same problem with a slightly older child and it is getting better. If she shrieks to be picked up, I go down to her level and talk to her, but don't pick her up until she stops, then if she starts up again, I put her down again quickly and we start again. HTH, it is very wearing.