PDA

View Full Version : Steam Mops

littletreasures
22-10-2012, 08:33 AM
I need help.

I have 2 dogs and a very muddy garden. Do I need to say anymore??!!!!!

I have karndean flooring in the kitchen/playroom where the back door is. I washed the floor last night and thought it was clean. The babies have been crawling on it for about 5/10 minutes and are filthy!!!

Do any of you have steam mops and if so, which ones do you find the best?

I'm looking at the Vax or Bissell ones at the moment. I tried one from Lakeland but it didn't do the job properly.

angeldelight
22-10-2012, 08:38 AM
I have the Vax one

I was not that impressed at first ... I think the floors must have already been clean

But I like it more these last few weeks ,I've got a cat and dog it's been brilliant for the animal hair

Also I've noticed a difference with the mud the dog walks in,the mop is really good.

I would recommend the Vax one ...you can pay it in 3 or 4 instalments on their online store

Angel xx

silvermist
22-10-2012, 08:47 AM
I dont have one yet but its on my wish list! Id love one xxx

Pixie dust
22-10-2012, 08:49 AM
I ordered one yesterday and can't wait to try it out on my kitchen floor. How sad am I getting excited over a mop !!!!:blush:

ziggy
22-10-2012, 08:58 AM
I have vax one which takes detergent as well, it is amazing, easier on my back and floors much much cleaner, love it:clapping:

littletreasures
22-10-2012, 09:06 AM
I have vax one which takes detergent as well, it is amazing, easier on my back and floors much much cleaner, love it:clapping:

That's the one I'm looking at I think - Is it the Bare Floor Pro S2ST?

My husband has just said he if I wash the floor with the ordinary mop tonight, he will dry it with the dog's towels. Not the answer, but will do for the moment.

mama2three
22-10-2012, 09:30 AM
So this is most definately going to sound like a strange question. Where does the dirt go!! The microfibre pad cant possibly hold all the dirt that would come off my floors - after the first room it would be filthy and Id just be spreading that dirt around!!

desiderata
22-10-2012, 10:35 AM
you buy spare pads and change them and wash them xx its amazing how much dirt they pick up x

rickysmiths
22-10-2012, 11:54 AM
I bought a Genie from Asda a couple of weeks ago, cost £35. I have Karndean flooring through my ground floor and it has been a revelation. I hoover the floors first and off I go!!! The pads are machine washable and you get two with the machine.

Cookies Detecting! (http://groceries.asda.com/asda-estore/search/searchcontainer.jsp?trailSize=1&searchString=Genie+Floor+Steamer&domainName=Products&headerVersion=v1&_requestid=332779)

Its the one on the left in the link.

amanda1309
22-10-2012, 11:59 AM
I have a efbe-Schott steam mop and I love it.

I bought extra microfibre cloths on line as the ones that came with it were pretty naff.

I've just made dh mop while I was helping the Los with lunch, by the time they were finished floors were dry :clapping:
It also works wonders on muddy paw prints

littletreasures
22-10-2012, 12:08 PM
There's so many different ones on the market.

Lakeland Steam Mop in steam cleaners at the home of creative kitchenware, Lakeland (http://www.lakeland.co.uk/23307/Lakeland-Steam-Mop)

This is the one I had, but didn't do anything to my floors so I took it back.

I took the dogs for a walk this morning and haven't let them out in the garden yet. Made them go on their beds in the dining room, where the kids don't go :)

funemnx
22-10-2012, 12:24 PM
I'm so impressed with Bissell products that I have the Pro heat carpet steam cleaner, the healthy home vacum and now saving up for either the steam and sweep or the lift-off steam mop(I can't decide)!:thumbsup:

jackie 7
22-10-2012, 05:09 PM
I have the shark, bought it from lakeland only to find dunelm and robert dyas do it for less. I love it and as it has the separate steamer for toys it is great.

The Juggler
22-10-2012, 05:19 PM
i love mine. it dries so quickly and the heat kills off any germs without any bleaches or disinfectants.

Also I know that it will kill of carpet germs. I paid about £80 for mine but wish I'd go tthe all singing and dancing monster they advertise on the shopping channel - it has attachments for everything! :laughing:

ziggy
22-10-2012, 05:49 PM
little treasures

yeap that is the one i have, excellent buy

karen m
22-10-2012, 05:54 PM
I also have the Genie from Asda

Chatterbox Childcare
22-10-2012, 07:08 PM
I have the Shark and you can get this for £99 from Asda and Homebase. The replacement costs are only £10 which is a lot cheaper than others I have seen. The best of it for me is that you just flip the bottom over with a flick of the wrist and you use the otherside of the cloth. Machine washable but no fabric softener required

FussyElmo
22-10-2012, 07:20 PM
i love mine. it dries so quickly and the heat kills off any germs without any bleaches or disinfectants.

Also I know that it will kill of carpet germs. I paid about £80 for mine but wish I'd go tthe all singing and dancing monster they advertise on the shopping channel - it has attachments for everything! :laughing:

I have this one and its great love the attachments :thumbsup:

PrettyFlowers
22-10-2012, 07:34 PM
I have the shark mop and it's great, my kitchen floor is kind of bumpy and it cleans it well where a mop would leave little pools of water on the bumpy bits (I'm not sure that makes sense at all!)

PixiePetal
22-10-2012, 07:58 PM
I have a shark too. Got it from Lakeland when I had a voucher for money off :thumbsup:

love it. Hoover first then mop - I have tiled floors in kitchen, utility and hall and lino in bathroom. I bought extra pads, wait till they are all dirty and do a separate wash for them.

I dropped a jar of pasta sauce from my Ocado delivery this morning - just before kids arrived :mad: luckily still in the carrier bag but it did splatter out a bit. Cleared glass and worst of it with kitchen roll, plugged in the mop - job done (and a floor pad to wash!)

littletreasures
22-10-2012, 08:39 PM
I've just ordered the Vax steam cleaner. You can use detergent with it too, so hopefully my floors will be sparkling.

Thanks you all your help

clareelizabeth1
22-10-2012, 09:55 PM
I have the vax water only one and four dogs it does clean them amazingly well ( the floors not the dogs). Made my wood floors so slippy that the children enjoyed skating up and down the hallway in socks.

Trouble
22-10-2012, 09:58 PM
I have the swan one but my floors get soaked with it although it does a fab job I have to go over it after so it drys faster

Tazmin68
23-10-2012, 02:59 PM
Mine is home tec and had it from Lakeland 3 years ago and am very happy with it. I'm lucky as have artificial turf in garden so no mud for dog to bring in

TooEarlyForGin?
23-10-2012, 03:16 PM
You have all talked me in to it. After today with a very muddy garden 4 kids a dog and multiple parents. My floors never seem clean (tile and stone).

I have just ordered one from ASDA direct, as my budget is rather tight.

Can't wait now.

Isn't it sad what can make me happy. :D:D

Buttonsjan
23-10-2012, 05:57 PM
I was getting excited, until I realised I still had to hoover, dammit!!

2 cats and a hairy, dirty dog = too much hoovering!