PDA

View Full Version : Learning journey query!

green4lynn
21-10-2012, 09:39 PM
Just after some advice really! Another minder that I'm friendly with looks after a little boy before and after pre-school, and has been told she doesn't have to do any EYFS stuff with him because he is at pre-school 9-3 every day! I read the requirements and it says that you don't have to follow EYFS if you are offering wrap around care for a school child, but no mention of pre-school! Our local EY team don't seem to fully understand the new EYFS and I'm not sure if they have given my friend the correct info! Don't want her to get behind with paperwork if she should be doing it!

Any ideas?

Lynn x

miffy
21-10-2012, 09:47 PM
I think you are correct and she needs to follow Eyfs. Even the bit that says about wrap around care still mentions that practitioners should discuss with parents the support they intend to offer, seeking to complement learnings in settings in which children spend more time so it's not a complete get out of it clause and you're right that is for school children and those who come in holidays only NOT preschoolers.

Miffy xx

sarah707
21-10-2012, 09:57 PM
Miffy is right :D