PDA

View Full Version : Story books with two mummies or daddies?

MaffAnna
21-10-2012, 09:24 AM
Morning!

Can anyone recommend a book (or five) for little ones which centres around a gay family? One of my mindees has two mums and one of them asked for suggestions. The only ones I've seen (amazon etc) tend to be american, which she doesn't really want. Then I had the brainwave of asking you guys!

Thanks in advance.

Becci26
21-10-2012, 10:05 AM
A quick google found this link, not sure if they are any good or not?

Gay-Themed Picture Books for Children (http://booksforkidsingayfamilies.blogspot.co.uk/)

migimoo
21-10-2012, 02:59 PM
If you look on Amazon.co.uk they have some aimed at 1-5 yr olds-'daddy,papa and ME' and 'a tale of two mummies' are 2 examples and reasonably priced too.

sorry-just realised u've already checked Amazon....are the ones on there all 'americanised then? was about to order one myself for my setting.

jo.jo76
21-10-2012, 07:21 PM
My local children centre had 'Mommy, Mama and ME'

It's a lovely book and the children aged 2 and 3 enjoyed looking at it

Jo x

SarahTwoMummies
04-12-2012, 11:37 PM
Can anyone recommend a book (or five) for little ones which centres around a gay family? One of my mindees has two mums and one of them asked for suggestions.

Hi!

I know that it's a while since you put this post up, but if you're still looking for books, my partner and I have recently set up a website selling books and baby grows for children with two mums. We had our daughter in February and we realised how hard it was to find books which reflected our family, so we set this up!

I think someone else has mentioned "Mommy, Mama and Me", which is really lovely but unfortunately is a bit americanised ('mom' and 'the tub'). If you want books from the UK, try "If I had 100 mummies" or "picnic in the park".

Two Mummies | I love my two mummies! (http://www.twomummies.co.uk)

I hope you find this helpful!

Sarah

emarshall82
07-12-2012, 12:04 AM
I love your website x what a super idea xxx