PDA

View Full Version : What do you think is essential for an ofsted inspection?

yummymummy
21-10-2012, 09:15 AM
Noticeboard with Ofsted Cert, Liability ins, Ofsted contact details poster
Paperwork: Obs, assessments, planning and 2 years checks, attendance register, accident/injury book, medicines permission/recording, contracts, information about child, all about me, visitors log
Policies and risk assessments: (although aware they don't have to be in writing anymore but how else can you prove you have them in place?)
medicines, food and drink, accident and injury, behaviour management, safety, no smoking, risk assessmnet, outings permission, equal ops, complaints, confidentiality, child protection, photo policy and permission.

Have I missed anything out if anyone would like to share, or has an opinion?
What do you think makes the difference between good and outstanding grading, I have for instance listed the required policies that are needed for EYFS in my opinion but not all that I have and wondered if all the others I have are necessary?
Would be really interested to hear opinions/advice I am not due an Ofsted for a year or so but you never know?!!:)

rickysmiths
21-10-2012, 11:21 AM
Noticeboard with Ofsted Cert, Liability ins, Ofsted contact details poster
Paperwork: Obs, assessments, planning and 2 years checks, attendance register, accident/injury book, medicines permission/recording, contracts, information about child, all about me, visitors log
Policies and risk assessments: (although aware they don't have to be in writing anymore but how else can you prove you have them in place?)
medicines, food and drink, accident and injury, behaviour management, safety, no smoking, risk assessmnet, outings permission, equal ops, complaints, confidentiality, child protection, photo policy and permission.

Have I missed anything out if anyone would like to share, or has an opinion?
What do you think makes the difference between good and outstanding grading, I have for instance listed the required policies that are needed for EYFS in my opinion but not all that I have and wondered if all the others I have are necessary?
Would be really interested to hear opinions/advice I am not due an Ofsted for a year or so but you never know?!!:)

Contracts are none of Ofsteds business I always remove all mine from the children's folders before an inspection.

Visitors Log Do you know you do not have to have one of these? I have never had one I am working in my home not a large institution and I know who is in my home and when they are here I know where they are and who they are and know that they will have no access to the children in my care alone.

Sef if you do one needs to be available.

Tatjana
21-10-2012, 08:09 PM
A nice inspector is my essential.:laughing:

KLF
22-10-2012, 06:47 AM
Having just had my inspection, I would say all that you say plus lots of proof of asking parents for input. I have satisfaction questionnaires and also ask about likes and interests when starting with me. The inspector wanted me to have more input from parents as to their child's developmental stage, so even if you discuss things verbally with parents, such as potty training, it would be useful for the inspection to log the conversations.

angeldelight
22-10-2012, 06:54 AM
This is a good document to have

Ofsted | Are you ready for your inspection? A guide to inspections of provision on Ofsted's Childcare and Early Years Registers (http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/are-you-ready-for-your-inspection-guide-inspections-of-provision-ofsteds-childcare-and-early-years-r)

It's also in free downloads with lots more information

Angel xx

JCrakers
22-10-2012, 10:53 AM
One thing you need for an Ofsted inspection?

A sense of humour :D

Mine was laughable...FACT

gegele
22-10-2012, 11:18 AM
wine!! for after of course not before :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

HumphriesCorner
22-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Nerves of steel ??!!!!

yummymummy
22-10-2012, 04:26 PM
Hee hee, totally agree with all the comments!!
Thanks KLF that info is really useful :thumbsup: