PDA

View Full Version : Think I've cracked a rib

Shamai
21-10-2012, 08:42 AM
Morning - I have had to inform parents that I need to take Wednesday off due to a funeral and now last night I stumbled on the stairs carrying my sleepy daughter up to bed and fell on the corner of the bannister and think I've damaged a rib. It is so painful (hurts to breathe in or cough, can't bend) - I've looked online and it looks like it just needs to heal by itself but I will go to the doctor in the morning. I know its an accident but why do I feel so bad about letting parents down? There's no way I can care for a baby/push a pram but think I'll be OK dropping the older ones to school. :( It has made me think about getting some sort of sickness insurance for the future. Sorry for the confused ramblings :panic:

blue bear
21-10-2012, 10:28 AM
:group hug: it's horrid havingn to let people down but you need to look after yourself. Do you know any other minders that coukd help out.

Shamai
21-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Hi Blue Bear, thank you for the hugs - feeling very sorry for myself! Yes I've managed to sort cover for Weds with their back up childminder and will do school runs tomorrow with the help of another childminder.

clareelizabeth1
21-10-2012, 12:15 PM
Hugs to you. Hope it feeling better. I had to take a day off this week and it does make me feel bad to. But I think most parents are understanding and don't mind the odd day.

hectors house
21-10-2012, 04:53 PM
sending you a gentle hug - don't want to risk any more ribs! Try to get some strong co-codemol which is codeine and paracetomol - you can get 12 mg codeine from a phamacy or 30 mg from a doctor - helped me when I dislocated my ribs once - it is very painful especially if you try to do a deep breath, but thanks to 30 mg dose was doing "Oops upside your head" within 2 days at a works Xmas party!

Hope you feel better soon - try your emergency childminder, see if they can help at your house with the baby.

Sickness/illness insurance is expensive and doesn't pay out straight away, and read any small print!

Shamai
21-10-2012, 08:46 PM
sending you a gentle hug - don't want to risk any more ribs! Try to get some strong co-codemol which is codeine and paracetomol - you can get 12 mg codeine from a phamacy or 30 mg from a doctor - helped me when I dislocated my ribs once - it is very painful especially if you try to do a deep breath, but thanks to 30 mg dose was doing "Oops upside your head" within 2 days at a works Xmas party!

Hope you feel better soon - try your emergency childminder, see if they can help at your house with the baby.

Sickness/illness insurance is expensive and doesn't pay out straight away, and read any small print!

Thank you - the thought of doing Oops Upside your Head is bringing tears to my eyes at the mo but will definitely stock up on the Co-codamol!

silvermist
21-10-2012, 09:16 PM
Im so sorry to hear youve injured yourself. Put yourself first...for once. You need to recover hun. Big hugs to you xxxx

angeldelight
22-10-2012, 07:24 AM
Sorry to hear you have hurt yourself

Def put yourself first

Get well soon

Angel xx

Jo Jo
22-10-2012, 12:01 PM
Sending hugs
Get well soon :)

dette
22-10-2012, 12:04 PM
hope you feel better soon x

mum24
22-10-2012, 01:12 PM
Hope you feel well soon, and it works out for you with the parents...