PDA

View Full Version : Advice re:naps...

lucyD
21-10-2012, 08:20 AM
I have a new 7 month old, she only ever sleeps in with mum & dad, or out in pram, has no routine at home. I have had her 4 weeks & have found a pattern/routine but she will only sleep in vibrating fisher price chair I have (it almost lies flat) She sleeps 2-3 times a day in this for 1-1hr 30 (comes 2 days a week). Feel good about this as mum reports she doesn't usually nap in the day unless rocked in her arms or in pram. However I am aware Ofsted may not agree so I have asked mum to sign an agreement that it is ok with them-they are just happy that she sleeps & well aware she will have trouble sleeping in a cot. NOW I have tried putting her in cot for naps but she gets very upset, & wakes other LO. So my question is....what would you do? & in your experience should I keep trying or accept it & just use chair? & also what are your opinions as to what Ofsted will think as I am due my first graded visit soon YIKES!!!

Thanks in advance any thoughts appreciated :)

Kiddleywinks
21-10-2012, 08:26 AM
Not sure how helpful this is going to be, but, can you wean her off having the vibrations on, then when she's more used to not having movement, try again putting her into a cot?
RE ofsted, you've not had her very long, and you have made some progress with her already with naps, so I doubt they can expect too much too soon from you

muffins
21-10-2012, 08:43 AM
While you have made good progress on her naps and mum agrees with the arrangement, at some point soon shes going to be to be for the chair! Maybe once the routine is abit more established you could try putting her in a buggy, it maybe easier for her than a cot.

lucyD
21-10-2012, 08:48 AM
While you have made good progress on her naps and mum agrees with the arrangement, at some point soon shes going to be to be for the chair! Maybe once the routine is abit more established you could try putting her in a buggy, it maybe easier for her than a cot.

The chair goes up to toddler age, & she is only with me until June so should last until then. I will wean her off vibrations to start with & go from there.
Yes, think if I can justify & explain to Ofsted they should be ok..thanks