PDA

View Full Version : Communication breakdown with leaving parent

smurfette
20-10-2012, 07:14 PM
So parent who is leaving isnt bothering now to communicate with me,obviously has already moved on in her head! Contracted hours are 8.30-5.30, and the los godmother collects most days by 510. Occasionally its mum who finished work at 6 and got here by 620, so she has always paid me for 10 hours a day to cover in case (her insistence). Now she has changed jobs and has just informed me hours this week will be 915-630, but she doesn't make it until about 650. I text back and said contracted hours were 830-530 as I am out to clubs with my own kids at 6 everynight, she said godmother can't collect this week as she is helping someone else out,,, now what to do??I am very cross don't want to be stuck with lo til nearly 7, and have now set up parent interviews at 6 three nights this week to replace him!!!! Suppose should bite my tongue it's only three more weeks but GGGRRRRRRR

mushpea
20-10-2012, 07:23 PM
if the hours on the contract are till 5.30pm then i would txt back and say 'the contract states 5.30pm finish therefore if you are not here by 5.30pm I will apply my overtime charges of £5 per half hour' or tell her you will be contacting her emergncy contacts for them to collect, failing that go out with your two and tell her she will have to come find you.

sarah707
20-10-2012, 07:59 PM
Overtime rates apply and she'll have to find you - don't put your life on hold x

candy cat
20-10-2012, 08:00 PM
I would just phone and say sorry I can not help as I have other commitments or charge extra ....I bet she manages to get home if you wack hourly rate up:rolleyes:

smurfette
21-10-2012, 09:43 AM
Thanks ladies! I text her back and said please let me know ASAP what is happening, if it is you collecting you will need to ring me when leaving work and see where I am and collect from there as I have plans every night after 6 and late charges apply after 6 pm of 5 euros per hour or part thereof .: she has just text back and said that godmother will collect every night before 6 yahoo!!

angeldelight
21-10-2012, 09:56 AM
Thanks ladies! I text her back and said please let me know ASAP what is happening, if it is you collecting you will need to ring me when leaving work and see where I am and collect from there as I have plans every night after 6 and late charges apply after 6 pm of 5 euros per hour or part thereof .: she has just text back and said that godmother will collect every night before 6 yahoo!!

It's amazing what can be sorted out when you put your foot down

Well done you :clapping:

Angel xx