PDA

View Full Version : holiday letter

Dionne Walker
20-10-2012, 02:02 PM
hi guys this is my first time on here and just getting used to it. i am planning a holiday soon and was wanting a letter to send to parents does any one know any free downloads thanks :)

blue bear
20-10-2012, 03:51 PM
Sorry I don't do a letter, I make magnets for parents to stick on their fridge with my holiday dates on.

cathtee
20-10-2012, 08:59 PM
I write a note to each parent and give it too them, I give holiday dates out in January for the year,
and keep reminding them from about 6 weeks before, but from next year it will be on a newsletter which I will be doing each school term
to keep them updated on things that we will be doing and any changes to the setting.

sarah707
20-10-2012, 09:27 PM
I write it in the newsletter... send them a message by their prefered route (email / text etc)... put it on my website parents page... remind them verbally... note it in daily diaries for the little ones...

I wonder how many parents will turn up on Monday? :rolleyes: :laughing:

I actually got a panic text from one family - it's not next week is it? .... oh yes! :D

Bananabrain
29-10-2012, 12:26 PM
I write it in the newsletter... send them a message by their prefered route (email / text etc)... put it on my website parents page... remind them verbally... note it in daily diaries for the little ones...

I wonder how many parents will turn up on Monday? :rolleyes: :laughing:

I actually got a panic text from one family - it's not next week is it? .... oh yes! :D

You mean you are taking time off Sarah? Shame on you,:D really!

hectors house
29-10-2012, 12:40 PM
[QUOTE=sarah707;1173282]I write it in the newsletter... send them a message by their prefered route (email / text etc)... put it on my website parents page... remind them verbally... note it in daily diaries for the little ones...

I also use all communication methods - newsletter, notice on door and count it down (4 weeks, 3 weeks, 2 weeks, 1 week to go), e-mail and text.

Back in May when I had done all of the above, a mother arrived in a panic, the mindees father had forgotten to book the week off and I had just a few days to find alternative cover for the child!

Just give as much notice as you can - I have just given my parents 8 weeks notice of my ski holiday, normally they get about 6 months (but contract states 4 weeks) and ask at the same time what their requirements are for over Xmas so you can let them know when you are available. I warned parents in Oct newsletter that I was trying to book a holiday and then a week later when it was booked, I sent them this update

Holiday update

I have now booked a ski-ing holiday, was hoping to go mid March but the cheap self catering apartments we went to last time were all booked, so to “try” to make sure I’m around when daughter's baby is due, we have booked to go w/c XX January 2013

Apologies for an inconvenience this causes being so close to everyone’s Xmas time off – please let me know if you require any help in finding alternative childcare.

and then e-mailed it to them all as well!

Enjoy your holiday - you are entitled to it.

JCrakers
29-10-2012, 01:52 PM
Mine just get a scrap bit of paper with holidays on. This year I have been very organised and given everyone Xmas, Easter and summer hols already :D

I also remind them throughout the year