PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted lifting registration restrictions

cathtee
20-10-2012, 10:46 AM
Morning all just got a letter from Ofsted telling me that all restrictions are coming off new certificate which we new about anyway, but didn't know that until new
certificate comes you can't breach your restrictions. So I can't have lo's overnight until new certificate comes (what a shame:laughing:) didn't want them anyway.:D

AliceK
20-10-2012, 01:12 PM
I haven't yet had that letter but what restrictions are they referring to? It sounds completely different to what they told me when I called them to have my DD taken out of my numbers. I was told as long as I'm working to EYFS framework re numbers that was ok and they wouldn't send me a new certificate as they are sending the new EYFS ones to everyone and I would just get that one in time. I specifically asked them if I would get into trouble taking on another child which would put me over my numbers on my cert as was told No.

xxx

samb
20-10-2012, 03:38 PM
I was told the opposite too - I was told to ignore my certificate and just follow the guidelines from Sept 2012 when I asked about changes - both my 2 children are now in my school age section so my early years section is now wrong. I was just told the cert would be sent at some point and not to worry.

cathtee
20-10-2012, 04:30 PM
I haven't yet had that letter but what restrictions are they referring to? It sounds completely different to what they told me when I called them to have my DD taken out of my numbers. I was told as long as I'm working to EYFS framework re numbers that was ok and they wouldn't send me a new certificate as they are sending the new EYFS ones to everyone and I would just get that one in time. I specifically asked them if I would get into trouble taking on another child which would put me over my numbers on my cert as was told No.

xxx

sorry worded it wrong its conditions, ie I can't use upstairs or do overnight care, I see them as restrictions.

I have re-read the letter it says :Until you receive your new certificate you must continue to comply with your existing conditions
of your registration.

Sorry if I confused anyone:blush:

AliceK
20-10-2012, 04:37 PM
sorry worded it wrong its conditions, ie I can't use upstairs or do overnight care, I see them as restrictions.

I have re-read the letter it says :Until you receive your new certificate you must continue to comply with your existing conditions
of your registration.

Sorry if I confused anyone:blush:

But the conditions include the numbers. I can see a call to Ofsted coming as soon as I receive the letter. Confused.com :panic:

xxx

cathtee
20-10-2012, 04:47 PM
But the conditions include the numbers. I can see a call to Ofsted coming as soon as I receive the letter. Confused.com :panic:

xxx

Yes they do include the numbers as you are aware we just assess if we can look after more than 3 under 3 etc, and self variation ourselves
so my numbers are still going to be 6 under 8 but without the conditions of no more than 3 under 3 which no more than one under 1.

Hope this isn't confusing you more

AliceK
20-10-2012, 05:01 PM
Yes they do include the numbers as you are aware we just assess if we can look after more than 3 under 3 etc, and self variation ourselves
so my numbers are still going to be 6 under 8 but without the conditions of no more than 3 under 3 which no more than one under 1.

Hope this isn't confusing you more

:laughing: :laughing: Yes it is.
My cert says only 2 EYFS children as my DD was in my numbers but now she is at FT school I wanted her off those numbers. I was told I don't need a new cert because of new EYFS etc etc and we are all getting a new one anyway, which I know and understand. I was told I could take on another EYFS child and as long as I work to the new framework then all would be ok. I now already have odd days when I have 4 EYFS children due to all my parents being shift workers and I have done all my paperwork to grant myself an Exception. However, if the letter states that we must work to the conditions on our old certificates then potentially there are days when I am 2 EYFS children over what my cert says, if that makes sense?
Oh dear I think I am confusing myself even more now (it doesn't take much at the moment)

xx

sarah707
20-10-2012, 05:35 PM
We knew this was going to happen - it's standard procedure.

They have to tell you they are cancelling your current conditions of registration first... then they issue the new certificate.

While the letter says that you cannot change the conditions of your registration until you have your new certificate Ofsted have told me (and I have it in writing) that we are fine to follow the new requirements in the Eyfs 2012 as long as we also risk assess etc.

hth :D

AliceK
20-10-2012, 05:59 PM
We knew this was going to happen - it's standard procedure.

They have to tell you they are cancelling your current conditions of registration first... then they issue the new certificate.

While the letter says that you cannot change the conditions of your registration until you have your new certificate Ofsted have told me (and I have it in writing) that we are fine to follow the new requirements in the Eyfs 2012 as long as we also risk assess etc.

hth :D

Phew, thank goodness.
Thanks Sarah, that's what I have been told also.
Why do they send out letters that just confuse everything :mad:
xx

cathtee
20-10-2012, 07:58 PM
How annoying ofsted mess with our heads telling us one thing and putting something else in writting,:(
sorry Alicek for worrying you for no reason, so glad Sarah is always there to put us write, thank you Sarah

jackie 7
21-10-2012, 11:55 AM
I was told by ofsted that the new certs will come out area by area, letter first then new cert. Just wish they could all say the same thing when we ring them but I think they don't always know what they are talking about.

Claireabella7
21-10-2012, 12:03 PM
Phew!!!!!!! This answers my question I just posted!!! Thanks ladies (wipes sweat from brow) I knew this was happening somehow, but did not realise Ofsted would automatically send out new certs.
At least Ofsted are now allowing us to use that good old common sense of ours :thumbsup:

bunyip
21-10-2012, 09:38 PM
If you want your new conditions-not-included certificate sent out by fast-track, you can phone Ofsted and request it. They'll send it out early so long as you agree over the phone to forfeit your usual right to appeal against the (lack of) conditions. Otherwise, wait long enough and they'll send a 'letter of intention' followed by the certificate.

Ofsted offered to send mine when I phoned with a question about overnight care. In effect, they've stopped putting any of the rules on the certificate: all of the rules are contained within the EYFS document, so they're merely putting the responsibility onto the individual CM directly. SO if, for example, your 'old' certificate conditions said you can't use a particular room, you'd be best to write that into the risk assessment for your premises - eg. "I do not use the upstairs spare room which contains my extensive collection of nuclear warheads for childminding". That sort of thing.

I asked the Ofsted phone-person what would happen if anyone did appeal against the decision to remove conditions. He said they'd be wasting their time cos it's happening anyway, but they have to offer the right to appeal. Great, ain't it! :laughing: