PDA

View Full Version : Linking to aspects?

lucyD
19-10-2012, 09:03 PM
Hope this makes sense...with the 7 area's how do you link to the different aspects? do you number them ie PSED-123 PD-12 etc & where do you mention the COL? help

Also,I have a new 8 month old & a 13 month old, how do you plan for that age? Any ideas? Think with older children its easier to plan activities but find it hard at this stage. Any help very welcome as new to it all

loocyloo
19-10-2012, 10:31 PM
some people do PSED-123 PD-12 etc

i have stickers with the whole lot written on, so i then tick or highlight aspects covered ... its just because i wouldn't remember what 1, 2, 3 etc is without having to look them up all the time!

your new LO are little! i would just have some treasure baskets, or boxes/trays of sensory items for them to explore. then if you noitce one particuarly likes say the noisy items, maybe you could get out the instruments, or if the like the shiny items, maybe you could get out a mirror, or a selection of sparkly things? you can't really plan for this age. i usually have a variety of toys out and just play with the LO and extend their play as i go, making a note of what we did, or maybe a note of other ways i could/might extend their play, or even just things i want to do; like go for a walk to look at autumn leaves/colours and maybe find a pile of fallen leaves to explore.

enjoy x

edited to say, i only mention COL on a summative assessment which i do every 4-6mths, OR if i noticed a child had started showing a new COL, then i would make a note of it. x

lucyD
20-10-2012, 06:55 AM
some people do PSED-123 PD-12 etc

i have stickers with the whole lot written on, so i then tick or highlight aspects covered ... its just because i wouldn't remember what 1, 2, 3 etc is without having to look them up all the time!

your new LO are little! i would just have some treasure baskets, or boxes/trays of sensory items for them to explore. then if you noitce one particuarly likes say the noisy items, maybe you could get out the instruments, or if the like the shiny items, maybe you could get out a mirror, or a selection of sparkly things? you can't really plan for this age. i usually have a variety of toys out and just play with the LO and extend their play as i go, making a note of what we did, or maybe a note of other ways i could/might extend their play, or even just things i want to do; like go for a walk to look at autumn leaves/colours and maybe find a pile of fallen leaves to explore.

enjoy x

edited to say, i only mention COL on a summative assessment which i do every 4-6mths, OR if i noticed a child had started showing a new COL, then i would make a note of it. x

That is a GREAT help thanks. I am just worrying about Ofsted too as not had graded insp yet so need to make sure I am doing all I should be doing. Guess as long as I am doing a cycle i.e obs, ass & some kind of planning & outcomes its fine. Cheers x

loocyloo
20-10-2012, 08:32 AM
That is a GREAT help thanks. I am just worrying about Ofsted too as not had graded insp yet so need to make sure I am doing all I should be doing. Guess as long as I am doing a cycle i.e obs, ass & some kind of planning & outcomes its fine. Cheers x

you're welcome :)
sounds great if you are doing a cycle of obs/assessment/planning and if what you are doing works for you, stick with it, until it changes. i find i'm happy with the way i am doing things, then i have an idea or it changes slightly as it morphs into an easier way of working :D