PDA

View Full Version : No idea what to do!

bulldog
19-10-2012, 08:56 PM
Just discovered tonight my Mum has C Dificile and prob the worst strain.
Shes been ill all week and is now in hospital being barrier nursed. Shes a widow and so i see her everyday. Im now worried about if I should be working as Ive dealt with her closely all week. Its v contagious. Im fine with no symptoms at the mo tho.
Do I ring parents and cancel next week? Or inform Ofsted?? :panic: :panic:

alwaysright
19-10-2012, 09:25 PM
there was a thread earlier on today about excluding the sibling of a sick child who wasnt unwell but incase they became unwell, and the general opinion was no you couldnt exclude, whos to say the child would become ill! so to me this is the same, you may have been in contact but that doesnt mean you will get it, sorry i dont dont much about c dif, apart from it being hard to shift due to becoming resistant. but just to add my daughter had mrsa years ago and the infection control nurse said i could carry on minding as it couldnt spread to the children! i did take time off though. also i think you just have to notify osfted if its notifiable.
hope you mum is ok and makes a speedy recovery

sarah707
20-10-2012, 05:41 PM
So sorry to hear your mum is poorly :(

I think you need to take advice - I suggest you ring your doctor on Monday and talk it through.

hugs xx

JCrakers
20-10-2012, 06:48 PM
Apparently if you stick to a very strict hand washing programme after toileting and before preparing food it should be contained...

I'm no expert though, don't really know much about it.