PDA

View Full Version : childminder/maternity

Emma247
19-10-2012, 08:19 PM
Slightly thinking ahead as I've only just finished my maternity but I've just started childminding and one of the mums asked me at a viewing about me having any other children and where that leaves them when I do.
Didn't know how to answer other then say I won't be having another for a while.
I did want to actually get pregnant next year but changed my mind when I got into childminding and thought I would wait til my daughter was at preschool but what happens with the children I have at work? Do they all leave and I just have to start again or do I just take a very short maternity?

What generally happens?

TNT
21-10-2012, 09:14 AM
I think it depends on what you and the parents want to do. I came off maternity leave in september after 6 months off. I had one set of parents come back to me, they put their children in a nursery for my mat leave and then came back! I was a bit nervous that they would change their minds but the children couldnt wait to come back and they were not as happy in the nursery as they are here.
I also took on some extra children while pregnant on temporary contracts.
It really depends on what you want to do and can cope with (I wanted 6 months off as I also have 2 other children and wanted us all to get used to new baby.)

Emma247
21-10-2012, 12:28 PM
Aww that was good then! I guess I will cross that path when it happens and see how the parents feel as well