PDA

View Full Version : Knocked out tooth!!!!

green4lynn
19-10-2012, 07:05 PM
Was at a local soft play cafe this afternoon when one of my mindees fell, banged his face on a playhouse and knocked one of his front teeth out! I was so shocked to see his tooth sitting on the floor and blood gushing out of his mouth! The poor lad was so brave! Luckily his grandma works at a local dentist so I took him there and got seen straight away! The dentist checked the rest of his teeth, which thankfully seem ok! It was such a frightening thing, and I felt so bad! His parents were wonderful and kept reassuring me that I was not at fault, but I couldn't help feeling awful and crying every time I thought about it! I was sat watching him play and could see him falling but couldn't do anything about it!

I'm so glad its friday cos I feel crap now!

Lynn x

cathtee
19-10-2012, 07:15 PM
Accidents happen, don't blame yourself i've had a simlar thing happen to one of my lo's about 9 years ago, fell with dummy in mouth and
loosened his front tooth, but luckily didn't fall out, it doesn't make the guilt any less so please don't beat yourself up, have a glass
of wine and relax things will look better tomorrow.

samb
19-10-2012, 10:40 PM
Oh no it's horrible when they do something like that but totally not your fault and parents sound lovely too. And just think, he'll have a visit from the tooth fairy so not all bad!

hectors house
20-10-2012, 07:29 AM
I would ask for details to be put in soft plays accident book as well as your own.

It may be this playhouse has caused other injuries and they may need to risk assess it.

Have a good weekend and don't dwell on it, sounds like parents are cool about it, child is ok - so don't beat yourself up!

blue bear
20-10-2012, 08:01 AM
:group hug::group hug: it's horrid when accidents happen.

green4lynn
20-10-2012, 05:47 PM
I went to see little one this morning, his mouth was swollen and he was a bit more subdued than normal but mum said he'd been jumping around trying to knock the other teeth out!
On the up side, the dummy has had to go!

I still feel awful, and couldn't sleep last night! Every time i closed my eyes all I could see was his little face covered in blood!

Lynn x

Ali56
20-10-2012, 09:13 PM
Its awful when the LO's have accidents that aren't the usual bumps and scrapes :( We always feel bad, we wouldn't be human otherwise, and mouths bleed such a lot :panic:
A 16m LO fell off a low chair at pre school on weds ( he was only sitting on it as he always does) while in my care and put his bottom teeth all the way through his lip. The gash on the inside almost met the cut on the outside over the top of his lip, and there was so much blood. It was horrible. Luckily mum is a doctor and I whizzed him straight off to see her, I thought he might need a stitch. Mum was very reassuring and said all was well and he'd be fine!
Its almost impossible to protect them from everything-even though we try. We can only do our best.