PDA

View Full Version : Mindees and Bedrooms?

EmmaReed84
19-10-2012, 04:49 PM
If you had your whole house registered (but usually only used upstairs for sleeping) and you had your own 2 children (Almost 7 and almost 4) and just one girl mindee who is 5, would you allowed her to go upstairs and play with the boys in their bedroom??

The reason I ask is I am sort of in this predicament now. Usually I wouldn't have thought anything of it, but I remember when I was a child I had a minder who had two boys I went to their bedroom and my Mum flipped about it...

Pipsqueak
19-10-2012, 04:52 PM
Its invite only to the bedrooms by the person who resides in the room.
Sometimes my girl mindee goes up to (my boys) rooms but generally they are playing mindee inappropriate console games so I say no.

Obviously having older children I do my best to 'safeguard' them too against allegation,

However, no what you are describing I wouldn't have a problem

EmmaReed84
19-10-2012, 04:55 PM
Its invite only to the bedrooms by the person who resides in the room.
Sometimes my girl mindee goes up to (my boys) rooms but generally they are playing mindee inappropriate console games so I say no.

Obviously having older children I do my best to 'safeguard' them too against allegation,

However, no what you are describing I wouldn't have a problem

My boys share a bedroom and Cameron was on his bed playing Lego Batman on his PSP and Caiden asked mindee to play Happyland Farms... After writing the post I heard a massive crash and down the stairs came tumbling the farm LOL... They are all down here now anyway.

When it comes to her going up there I always say No, because of my Mum, but I have been thinking it is so unfair when they invite her and I am big fat meanie pegs LOL

Little Pickles
19-10-2012, 04:56 PM
I have a rule that mindees are never allowed in my kids rooms whilst I am working , this is to ensure that a) I can see and hear them at all times and b) to ensure that my childrens bedroom are their haven away from mindees , i think its enough that they have to share most of their house and their Mum without having to share their bedroom .
Also it stops even more mess being made :laughing::laughing:

funemnx
19-10-2012, 05:11 PM
My children are all adults so I don't have that dilema. However, when they were younger, I always preferred that they all play downstairs even if just one mindee. The reason being that although only one today, what happens when there are more mindees in the future? Would you have to change the rules and say no one upstairs? I have found it simpler just to have a blanket no upstairs rule unless babies sleeping :thumbsup:

winstonian
19-10-2012, 05:27 PM
I was one of 3 girls and my mum was a childminder - we were allowed to take girls upstairs but no boys.
I have 1 boy and 2 girls and let them take over 8s upstairs to play the computer or small lego type games. Mindees only go up if invited by my guys. All the littlies stay downstairs with me.
It is very tricky

tas
19-10-2012, 05:43 PM
I’ve never allowed mindee’s upstairs to play it’s only for sleeping babies, I like them to be where I can see them.

I also think children are fickle and may want mindee up to play one day but not the next and I don’t think that’s fair and could be hurtful towards the child's feelings to suddenly be unwanted

mrs robbie williams
19-10-2012, 06:02 PM
nope dont allow it - bedrooms are for my own children, sleeping babies either go in spare bedroom or playroom :thumbsup:

QualityCare
19-10-2012, 06:53 PM
When my boys were smaller we had a rule all their own toys were kept upstairs and belonged to them all minded toys stayed downstairs, my two could play with them buy they were not for their exclusive use and had to share, if they wanted to have one of their own toys downstairs they had to share with minded children and if they wanted to play one of their own toys with a particular minded child then again that toy/game was brought down, no minded children played upstairs in their rooms. As they grew out of toys/games l always asked their permission to put them in the minded toy cupboard.