PDA

View Full Version : A little help again please... Sorry

EmmaReed84
19-10-2012, 12:26 PM
Mindee is almost 26 months. Can anyone else give some ideas on next steps and ideas for future play? Here is the ob I have done.

L asked to play with the wooden train track today. I laid down the board and Lola opened the lid and said “Look Emma, train track, I fix it!” She laid one piece on the floor and began to connect the pieces to make her track. After connecting each piece she said “I did it!” and smiled. Once L had connected several pieces she clapped and said “I did it Emma, I finished!” she then began connecting other pieces together. I asked L if she could connect the two tracks she turned one track around to make sure it was the right way to connect. L then giggled and clapped her hands and said “Yeah, Emma, look I clever!” L then took a few curved pieces and put then to the end of the track and said “Turn it round!”. She then got a wooden train and ran it along the track saying “nee naw, nee naw!”

She loved connecting things and can now strap her self in the booster seat at the table... she even threads the between the leg bits before clicking it together.

Stapleton83
19-10-2012, 01:01 PM
What about counting the pieces together, talking about the colour (if there is any) or the shapes you are making. Do you know the song that starts see the little Puffa trains?

Try using her ability to put things together to do something more complex like jigsaws.

Hope that helps.

Samx

blue bear
19-10-2012, 03:09 PM
What about putting duplo or stickle bricks together. Does she like shape sorters you could then expand on shapes and colour,