PDA

View Full Version : what's the point

Mrs Scrubbit
19-10-2012, 10:16 AM
HI, just spent time making a 2yr progress check form and writing one up( with parents input) as mum was going to see HV to see if she could get the development check done before she returned to work after mat. leave, I was even invited to go with them aswell. Just heard from mum that as from aug 12 they have stopped doing them and they will only see the children if any concerns arise. So now it has to go into the lj being of no real use to anyone as parents are fully aware of their childs abilities and development so please can someone enlighten me WHY? xx

sarah707
19-10-2012, 10:49 AM
The point is that you have done absolutely the right thing and completed a 2 year progress check for the child - because it is your legal duty to do one.

The rest is a complete shambles - but you have done your bit.

Hugs xx

Mrs Scrubbit
19-10-2012, 11:04 AM
thanks Sarah I feel abit better now I've just worked off my rant by doing something I know I do well ( hence my name!) scrubbed the bathroom floor (day off) xx

angeldelight
19-10-2012, 11:11 AM
I know we often wonder why we bother ....it can be frustrating

I agree with Sarah though you have done everything right :clapping:

Angel xx

Debster
19-10-2012, 11:17 AM
You are doing a good job it is a requirement of your registration that you do this check and if the HV will only see the ones with problems then you are doing a more important job because you are the one to spot it! as from my experience many parents are in denial when it comes to their child,s learning and development . keep up the good work:thumbsup:

mrs robbie williams
19-10-2012, 01:14 PM
i did one this morning and as i was doing i was thinking to myself - bet mum doesnt show hv :rolleyes::rolleyes: oh well least a copy in lj for ofsted

Mrs Scrubbit
19-10-2012, 01:52 PM
yep for Ofsed, so much for their promise of less paperwork, ha ha it seems we are always being set little (pointless) tasks to see if we are up to scratch xx

hectors house
19-10-2012, 04:00 PM
I suppose that you still need to do the development check in case you have got concerns with the child, then the parent has got evidence from a third party to show health visitor. Can you come and clean my bathroom floor if you are still frustrated?

Mrs Scrubbit
19-10-2012, 05:39 PM
I've done enough scrubbing for one day thanks and yes I also do regular shared development checks with the parents x