PDA

View Full Version : HALF TERM PLANS ....

angeldelight
19-10-2012, 10:11 AM
Do you all have half term next week?

Are you working or are you off?

Are you busy?

What do you have planned?

Angel xx

EmmaReed84
19-10-2012, 10:13 AM
Monday - Making masks for Halloween
Tuesday - baking cakes, making party decorations
Wednesday - Halloween party
Thursday - trip to fire station
Friday - Bonfire pictures and chocolate finger "sparklers"

I can't wait!!!! Ours starts Mon 29th

Pixie dust
19-10-2012, 10:15 AM
We have another week yet before we are on half term...

angeldelight
19-10-2012, 10:18 AM
We have another week yet before we are on half term...

You made me check my dates were right

We break up today ,I'm right ha

Angel xx

FussyElmo
19-10-2012, 10:31 AM
we have another week too but my plans are to absolutely nothing :D

singingcactus
19-10-2012, 11:16 AM
We have another week too. No plans yet. Too far away.

2kidsunder5
19-10-2012, 11:25 AM
We also have another week.

Monday - day off shopping and lunch out with my own two
Tuesday - making Pizza
Wenesday- Halloween masks and cakes
Thursday - Autumn listening walk to the country park
Friday- only working half day so probably free play and feet up :D

silvermist
19-10-2012, 11:32 AM
We have another week to go but then my lovely hubby and I are off to Haworth in yorkshire to spend 5 child free days together!! Bliss

JCrakers
19-10-2012, 11:39 AM
This is my first school holiday with mainly just younger children so it will be like a normal day so really looking forward to it. Usually I have older school children and I find them exhausting.

Lots of Halloween and bonfire night pics and activities. Mon and tues I've got two older brothers but they come at 8am and need to be dropped at footy at school for 9-3pm...suits me :D just like a school day.

mrs robbie williams
19-10-2012, 01:03 PM
we still have next week to go until half term, i only have one lo during the school holidays and get tuesdays off :clapping::clapping: so tuesday im hoping to take my 3 to the cinema, weds eve we will be going trick or treating for an hour, monday will be doing the pumpkins we have been growing (dh is going to be gutted lol - they are his prize possession :laughing:), hopefully the weather will brighten up, prob meet up with friends on the thursday and not sure about the friday - ds8 only has one week off but ds14 has 2 weeks !!!

lozzy23
19-10-2012, 01:11 PM
One more week and then it's half term here. We are off to Cornwall with my Mil, Bil, Sil, neice and nephew (twins 17yrs) and my DH and 3 teenagers (18,16,13), it will probably be our last extended family holiday as my neice and nephew will be at uni next year. So looking forward to it even with 5 teenagers in one house:laughing:

WibbleWobble
19-10-2012, 01:11 PM
monday-stay in bed
tuesday-go to podiatrist in morning, pm watch tv
wednesday-stay in bed
thursday-stay in bed
friday-stay in bed

a fun filled crazy week....

Mr Wobble is working so i will be in bed...alone...no monkey business:thumbsup::thumbsup:

wibble xxxxxx

loocyloo
19-10-2012, 01:38 PM
we have another week too!

monday seeing friends where we used to live and driving home!
Tuesday - my children are booked on a 'world music day' so LOs and i might have a music day at home, and then go to watch concert in afternoon!
wednesday - local museum doing halloween fun activities morning, halloween craft in afternoon
thursday - EITHER zoo/theme park OR WW2 museum (lots for LO to do!) (DS doing WW2 at moment!)
friday - walk/play in forest, bonfire & firework craft in afternoon

could actually do with another day!!!

following monday is an inset day, but no mindees so a 'nothing day' HURRAH! might stay in pjs ALL DAY !!!

cathtee
19-10-2012, 07:07 PM
mon only 2 - make cakes
tues 4 craft for halloween
wed 4 soft play trip
thurs 4 trip to farm or bird sanctuary
fri no one wants me :( so have the day off :clapping:

Have a great half term everyone:thumbsup:

mushpea
19-10-2012, 07:22 PM
it starts week beg 29th here
Monday 2- halloween activities and my sons birthday
Tuesday-2 one of them being a trial day with a hopeful newbie
Wednesday- no work today :clapping:
thursday 2 probably a day out somwhere if the weather is nice
friday-1 no idea , totaly adhoc day :o

amanda1309
19-10-2012, 07:43 PM
We have another week also
I am off half term and we are taking dd to London for the week, going sight seeing and to see shrek the musical :clapping:

samb
19-10-2012, 10:37 PM
We have also got another week before half term.

Mon - walk in woods and collect twigs for our spooky tree craft - have invited friends

tues - local spooky event - with other childminders

wed - spider web craft and ghost cakes

Thurs - my mum is coming to visit for few days and I am not working rest of the week

Kiddleywinks
20-10-2012, 09:22 AM
Not sure what days we're doing things as it depends on the weather but I have planned;

Leaf, twigs and conker collecting
Bark rubbings
Leaf printing
Autumn collage

Hibernation/migration
Birds
Hedgehogs
Squirrels

Time
Clocks changing

Halloween
Paper mache pumpkins
Chocolate finger sparklers
Bonfire Pictures

Should be enough to be getting on with (I hope!)

blue bear
20-10-2012, 10:00 AM
Ours starts on Thursday so 7 days oh and a teacher training day so 8 days to plan and I'm on here instead:blush:
Lots of good ideas from everyone else, I will be adding some of those to my empty plan.

Kirstylob
24-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Our primary school has a teacher training day on Friday and then 1/2 term, I have planned for 1/2 term;

Bake and decorate halloween biscuits, black icing and halloween sprinkles and take home any not eaten!!

I am going to make a big cobweb by gluing thick string onto a piece of card, the children can then use crayons to rub over it and make spiders from black sugar paper and googly eyes to add to it.

Make green 'slime' (gloop) and I have bought small rats, spiders, flies, fingers and eyeballs to put in it for the children to find.

Make a dark cave under the table and add torches.

Make a witches brew - you need a large pot, bicarb of soda, vinegar, green food colouring and a wooden spoon. mix together 3 teaspoons of bicarb, 1/4 cup of vinegar in a bowl and add a few drops of green food colouring and mix. Watch the mixture bubble!! Not tried this before so could be very interesting!!

Some of these will be repeated during the week as some children are part time.

Last year we made handprint spiders and added googly eyes and string so they could dangle and the children loved them.

Lots of things to do!!

sandy64
24-10-2012, 05:36 PM
im going to find some sun of to fuerteventura for a week of relaxation and sunshine lol sorry hope you all have a fab half term happy halloween:laughing:

lisa1968
24-10-2012, 07:24 PM
Cornwall here I come!!:clapping::clapping::clapping: