PDA

View Full Version : Need to Rant!

2kidsunder5
19-10-2012, 09:10 AM
Sorry all just need to get this off my chest.

I am not a charity, your contract states payment in full for the week on the first day of childcare of that week. How would you like it if your employer didn't bother paying you until they felt like it?!! :angry::angry::angry:

Ok, rant over :D

sophia36
19-10-2012, 09:12 AM
Oh my! This is news to me should i be getting paid?!

AliceK
19-10-2012, 09:14 AM
And that is more or less exactly what I have actually told a parent before now, I was so cross.
It makes me so mad when they think they can just pay whenever they feel like it :angry:

xxxx

Pipsqueak
19-10-2012, 09:22 AM
oh poor you. cross on your behalf - have you actually said this to the parent? please feel free to!:)

thankfully I currently have really great clients - one did say to me on Wednesday, very shyly and sheepishly (she is a new client) - that would I mind if she was a couple days late paying me (instead of today can she pay on Monday) as her washer had gone up the spout and she was a bit short till Monday when she see's her mum. She gave me part payment accompanied by a very red face.
THIS is I don't mind and I will always try to accomodate - been there and done that and she was upfront and honest with me:thumbsup:

hope you get paid soon 2kids

angeldelight
19-10-2012, 09:25 AM
Grrrr

Don't even mention about payments to me,I'm still getting grief from that parent

Hope you get your money soon

Angel xxx

gegele
19-10-2012, 09:32 AM
when parent sign contract i tell them word for word :
" I don't like talking money and I hate asking so let's all be clear now : you wouldn't expect Tesco to let you take your shopping out and pay when ever, or little by little so please do not expect me to provide childcare without money. Although I love kids and really enjoy my job, it is my job, my earning so I expect to be paid on time just like you expect it from your employer!" SMILE :D:D

NEVER had a problem being paid. :D You mustn't show weakness :laughing::laughing:

Although I would always help, if they were in trouble i would make arrangement BUT I don't tell them because I want it to be a last resort, I don't want them to think : Oh it's ok I'll pay my cm over the next 2-3 weeks...she'll be fine with it!
I would in some rare case but they're too scare to ask and it's just fine this way :D

1mum's washing packed up and I did 3 loads for her, for free, so I am nice :D ... just not mug :thumbsup:

k1rstie
19-10-2012, 09:51 AM
great big red capital letters??

Hope you have calmed down by hometime!!

:p

caz3007
19-10-2012, 10:18 AM
Oh dear, hope you get it sorted.

I am lucky and always have been pretty much. My current full timers mum had some problems with tax credits, she has paid me on the dot for 18 months, but did say to her, if she finds it difficult to be upfront and talk to me, but did get in that I do rely on her money, but we could have worked something out together.

She has sorted alterntive way of paying me until her tax credits have been sorted.

2kidsunder5
19-10-2012, 10:23 AM
Yes I have calmed down. Think what bugs me most about this particular parent is that she is a bank manager and uses the excuse she has't managed to get to the cash machine, she works in a bank, do they not have cash machines in banks these days? (there is one at Tesco, which she passes every morning and evening). :angry:

angeldelight
19-10-2012, 10:27 AM
Yes I have calmed down. Think what bugs me most about this particular parent is that she is a bank manager and uses the excuse she has't managed to get to the cash machine, she works in a bank, do they not have cash machines in banks these days? (there is one at Tesco, which she passes every morning and evening). :angry:

That's ridiculous

You need to start adding late fees?

Angel xx

2kidsunder5
19-10-2012, 11:20 AM
That's ridiculous

You need to start adding late fees?

Angel xx

I know Angel, and it is in my contracts that I will add late fees, just never ever done it. It's probably the one thing I hate most about this job, I am rubbish when it comes to asking for money, or discussing money :blush: I really do need to toughen up. I know this parent will always pay me, it's just I want my wage on Monday, not on whatever day she chooses and it's getting to be Friday more and more.

little chickee
19-10-2012, 12:15 PM
I've been through this a couple of times.
One mum who worked in a hospital that i know had a cash machine in the entrance.

First of all it was "I've forgotten to bring my cheque book"
I told all my parents that i was no longer accepting cheques so it changed to "I forgot to go to the cash machine" followed by a laugh and " I'm so scatteredbrained haha"

After a few times i just said that i needed to be paid on time as at the time I had 6 families on my books and if they didnt pay on time ( some paid monthly, some weekly) I got all confused and mixed up. I did find it a real job keeping track of who had paid and who hadn't and how much they were due.

2nd parent was a complete nightmare - paid weekly, supposed to be the start of the week, never got it til the end ( if at all), when she was overdue 3 weeks payments we had a fairly heated discussion about how i needed to be paid on time.

I told her that i was no longer prepared to care for her child unless i was paid on time ( parent had a history of leaving childcae providers owing lots of monet and I wasnt going to be one of them!) she paid on time for 2 weeks and then failed to show the 3rd week.

Never saw her again and I counted myself lucky!!

You NEED to have a polite but firm discussion about being paid on time. If she doesnt pay, refuse care. I don't care what MM or Scma of anyone else says if i'm not getting paid i'm not working.

You need to stick absolutley to it and be prepared to apply late charges or ultimatley give notice if it continues.

bunyip
19-10-2012, 06:58 PM
I never have to ask clients for money. They all know they can pay me exactly when it suits them.

.....and once they've done so, then I'm quite happy to have their children. :rolleyes:

cathtee
19-10-2012, 07:26 PM
Had this with a parent today, she had a letter beginning of term telling her that i wanted money each week or if she preferred a month in advance when she
gets tax credits and has paid on time since until today..

Text said I know this is no good to you and i'm sorry to mess u about but I will pay u on tuesday really sorry hope u have a good weekend.

best of it is it is half term and he is only tto. so text to say will it be after work or will i have to stay in

answer after work. Do they break up today or next week:angry:

bet i don't get it tuesday.

one day i will toughen up and tell her no money no care, she is always late :angry: but i'm too nice