PDA

View Full Version : do i need to use ncma

Wendy Woo
19-06-2008, 05:22 PM
i was just wondering do i have to use the ncma accident forms and do the parents have to have a copy.

they never did wen iu was at nursery and dont really understand y they get one.

i was gonna do my own as the ncma ones are £7.45 and my lot seem to get thro them well!!!!!

any input would be good
x x x x

sarah707
19-06-2008, 05:58 PM
My understanding is that if you are insured with ncma then you should use their paperwork...

These are the legal requirements under eyfs -

Providers must keep a record of accidents and first aid treatment. Providers must inform parents of any accidents or injuries sustained by the child whilst in the care of the providers and of any first aid treatment that was given.

... taken from here -

http://www.standards.dfes.gov.uk/eyfs/site/requirements/welfare/safeguarding/2.htm

While it does not state that photocopies must be given to parents, that is the expected norm and good practice :D

katickles
19-06-2008, 07:09 PM
I use them, but they did come in the startup pack.

I think its really important that you give parents a copy as then if for some reason theres any come back from the accident - parents can not say that they wern't informed as they also have to sign the paperwork to say they have read & understood it.

:)

buildingblocks
19-06-2008, 08:04 PM
I use my own that I do on the computer - the only thing i use is the NCMA contracts and only for regular clients eg come every week and for more than one or two days.

Tily Bud
19-06-2008, 09:13 PM
I use them , but to be honest they do last quite a while x