PDA

View Full Version : Advise please

cherry
19-06-2008, 05:09 PM
I look after a 4 year old from 8.00am until I take her to Playgroup at 9.15am then collect at 12.00pm, tomorrow is her sports day and the Playgroup doesn't start until 9.45 which I can manage.

If it rains tomorrow it will be moved to Monday, well I have plans that day and I would prefer not to change them.

The mother will not take any more time off so I know she will expect me to take K to playgroup at 9.45.

If I don't, the mother will want me to look after her daughter (which I could do )but not pay me as it's my fault her daughters not going to playgroup. (This has happened before)
Am I right is saying that she should pay me as my contract with her states the time 8.00am to 9.15am and 12pm to 3.30pm.

Any advise welcomed.

fionamal
19-06-2008, 05:17 PM
I charge my parents whilst the kids are at playgroup as Im taking them and picking them up.

In your case she has to pay you from 9.15 to 9.45 as its not in the contract and is overtime.

foxy lady
19-06-2008, 05:29 PM
I charge my parents whilst the kids are at playgroup as Im taking them and picking them up.

In your case she has to pay you from 9.15 to 9.45 as its not in the contract and is overtime.

me to i would charge her while the child was at plat group if i take and collect. she should think herself luckt i think you have already been very generous.
perhaps you should show her this thread :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

crazybones
19-06-2008, 05:33 PM
I also charge whilst at playschool if I am dropping off and picking up as I cant fill the space during that time. As you dont, it is working in your favour on this occasion as she is only contracted until 9.15. She should therefore pay you for the extra half hour and if you cant change your times that is her problem not yours so if she wants you to look after her then she should pay you.

cherry
19-06-2008, 05:54 PM
Sorry, I didn't make myself very clear.

I will charge her until 9.45 tomorrow but if sports day is changed to Monday I won't be able to take her at that time as it will mean changing my plans which I don't want to do and will have to look after her from 8.00am until 12.00 and I know mum will say that as I won't take her it's my fault she's not at playgroup so won't pay me.

I've also looked after her for a year and never charged while she's at playgroup.

son77
19-06-2008, 06:00 PM
Yes charge her, it's not your fault that playgroup may have to change their sports day & you can't be on hold forever just incase something like this happens.

Any amount of time the child is with you, charge for!

crazybones
19-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Its not your fault. She is contracted to 9.15. If you have to take her at 9.45 thats out of contracted hours and not your problem. The fact that you have been able to take her at different times in the past is irrelevant. This time you cant. Hope its nice tomorrow.

wendywu
19-06-2008, 06:39 PM
I agree with Annie. Its not your contracted time so its not your fault.:panic:

mrsb
19-06-2008, 06:46 PM
I would say to her now that you will not be able to take her at 9.45 if sports day is postponed and say she can either take her herself or the girl can stay with you for the day but she will need to pay you while you have her. That way she has got the 2 choices :)

miffy
19-06-2008, 06:54 PM
I think this parent has a real cheek - how dare she expect you to look after her child and not pay you.

I notice she is not expecting playgroup to take the child for nothing - after all they have changed the session time not you.

I would tell her you are able to take her daughter tomorrow at 0945 for the additional charge of X amount but on Monday you will not be available outside of your contracted hours so if sports day is changed she will need to make other arrangements.

Miffy xx

kindredspirits
19-06-2008, 07:34 PM
i'd make it quite clear to her that if sports day is delayed to monday that she will need to pay you for 8 until 12 on that morning or you won't care for her full stop that day.

theoldwoman
19-06-2008, 07:55 PM
I think if you take and collect a lo from Playgroup and it is you they ring if there is a problem then you are responsible and should be paid. Our Playgroup is always closing at the last minute (no electric, no water, too cold etc etc) and it is me who has them. I only don't charge if I am just picking up, they get Playgroup free when they are 3 yrs old anyway so they are only paying out once.
I don't know how you tell her after a year though, she won't be happy!

Best of luck
Sue

katickles
19-06-2008, 07:57 PM
I totally agree with the others - thats so cheeky of her :mad:

buildingblocks
19-06-2008, 08:24 PM
If I don't, the mother will want me to look after her daughter (which I could do )but not pay me as it's my fault her daughters not going to playgroup. .

Don't you charge while she is at playgroup. They pay me while child is at playgroup or nursery

buildingblocks
19-06-2008, 08:28 PM
And don't forget if you take her at 9.45 tomorrow then it is at overtime rates as its not in your contracted hours

cherry
19-06-2008, 08:45 PM
Thanks everyone for your advise, I think when she drops of tomorrow morning I will mention to her that if sports day get posponed to Monday I will not be able to take K at 9.45 so that will give her the weekend to sort something out.