PDA

View Full Version : Co childminding and reciprical arrangements

souniquechild
18-10-2012, 12:57 PM
Hi,

I have two children and childmind from my home. I need cover for training and sickness and pay another local childminder to look after my children and sometimes one mindee. I would like us to work together but now need to understand how our joint children will impact our income. Could we have a reciprical arrangement for looking after our children as well as co mind. I have a large property and so could have an assistant also to help with absent days but she is not a registered childminder and would be there purely to support my co minder. Hope that makes sense.

None of the children are three yet but we would like them to remain with us when we are able to offer free 15 hrs for 3 and 4 year olds. Is anyone working similarly or have a resolution? Two co minders both with pre school children. Otherwise I will need to keep sending my children to her when I am away and it makes sense for consistency and stability for us just to work together with the children and have another assistant we pay a fixed fee (never more than 6 children at any time and not 9). There are no space issues at my home and ofsted have stated I can have the maximim for a childminder with assistants (x2).

Thanks,

sarah707
18-10-2012, 05:07 PM
This is quite a complex situation. I would suggest initially you run through it with Ofsted.

hth :D