PDA

View Full Version : Hi-Viz Vests

LittleLegsCM
18-10-2012, 12:13 PM
At what age (if at all) do you stop using them with your kids while in your care?

Ive bought a load today as this mornings school run was pretty dark and gave me an inclin of what the next few months will be like but after talking to a few of my friends, they all said I would be mean making the older kids wear them. My eldest after schoolie at the moment is 9, the rest are all early schoolies (4/5/6) but in my mind, I was going to get ALL of them to wear them- is this wrong of me??? I'm now starting to regret buying them!!

loocyloo
18-10-2012, 12:23 PM
At what age (if at all) do you stop using them with your kids while in your care?

Ive bought a load today as this mornings school run was pretty dark and gave me an inclin of what the next few months will be like but after talking to a few of my friends, they all said I would be mean making the older kids wear them. My eldest after schoolie at the moment is 9, the rest are all early schoolies (4/5/6) but in my mind, I was going to get ALL of them to wear them- is this wrong of me??? I'm now starting to regret buying them!!

mine wear hi viz waistcoats until they stop being in my care! even in the summer. i find everyone in hi viz, esp on the school run or in busy places makes it easy for me to see mine! plus its a safety issue - they ARE more visiable. i've had up to 13 yr olds wearing them before. its not anything i 'negotiate' on! i once had a mum say 'X won't wear one of those things' i said X will, or X won't be coming home from school with me!

my children ( 7 & 10 ) wear them when i am working, but not when its just us doing the school run! my 10 yr old has to wear one to walk home from afterschool clubs now its getting darker. i thought he would 'forget' but a friend saw him coming out of school with it on and he had it when he got home! so i'm rather pleased!

you want minded children to wear hi-viz, then minded children will wear them. your friends are not you, and your minded children are not theirs. :D

LittleLegsCM
18-10-2012, 12:30 PM
mine wear hi viz waistcoats until they stop being in my care! even in the summer. i find everyone in hi viz, esp on the school run or in busy places makes it easy for me to see mine! plus its a safety issue - they ARE more visiable. i've had up to 13 yr olds wearing them before. its not anything i 'negotiate' on! i once had a mum say 'X won't wear one of those things' i said X will, or X won't be coming home from school with me!

my children ( 7 & 10 ) wear them when i am working, but not when its just us doing the school run! my 10 yr old has to wear one to walk home from afterschool clubs now its getting darker. i thought he would 'forget' but a friend saw him coming out of school with it on and he had it when he got home! so i'm rather pleased!

you want minded children to wear hi-viz, then minded children will wear them. your friends are not you, and your minded children are not theirs. :D

Do you have your details on them hun?
I bought mine from Ikea today and was thinking of ironing transfers on the back with my business name & number on- or would that be a step too far??? ;)

loocyloo
18-10-2012, 12:40 PM
Do you have your details on them hun?
I bought mine from Ikea today and was thinking of ironing transfers on the back with my business name & number on- or would that be a step too far??? ;)

mine don't have any details except 'IKEA FAMILY' :D

i have my phone number in permanent pen on the label inside, but i don't use them as advertising! thats more if i lose a hi-viz than anything else!

(i also wear a fleece that says childminder, and have an umbrella that says registered childminder on it, oh and a pe type bag that has my name & childminder on it! i would rather people stopped me and asked for my details)

LittleLegsCM
18-10-2012, 09:00 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of IF a LO ever got lost, it would be clear & obvious where they should be, hadn't thought of the advertising side of it, that's pretty good though :thumbsup: