PDA

View Full Version : Wording?!

dusky777
18-10-2012, 09:27 AM
Can this be worded anymore tactfully?

Please remember this is my home and while I am running a business i do have my family to think about and I do have commitments outside of working hours.

Thanks

jillplum
18-10-2012, 10:28 AM
Ooh I don't know if I would be happy as a parent to get a note like that. Sounds a bit like I am not welcome. Might just be me tho. See what others say.

ziggy
18-10-2012, 10:40 AM
I think it could be worded better tbh, what is the problem you are trying to explain to parents?

QualityCare
18-10-2012, 11:57 AM
Is this a constant like/early pick up reminder, perhaps
Dear Parents
Just a reminder to you all, l have noticed that for some of you are not sticking to your contracted hours whilst l enjoy childminding l do have a family of my own and we are finding that due to early arrivals and waiting for parents we are missing out on our family time, please speak to me if your hours no longer suit your needs.
Thank you

2kidsunder5
18-10-2012, 12:03 PM
Would it not just be easier to ask if they need to increase the contracted hours as you have noticed they are picking the child up a bit later than normal? I personally wouldn't do a letter unless I had already spoken to them and asked the question?

k1rstie
18-10-2012, 01:26 PM
Do not suggest they increase their hours, the only difference from now will be that you are paid a bit more, but you will still be late for whatever you need to be doing!

2kidsunder5
18-10-2012, 01:52 PM
Do not suggest they increase their hours, the only difference from now will be that you are paid a bit more, but you will still be late for whatever you need to be doing!

That is a very good point and one I didn't think off.

I was told once to tell a parent that I was only insured for the contracted hours not before and not after :D

lisa1968
18-10-2012, 07:18 PM
That is a very good point and one I didn't think off.

I was told once to tell a parent that I was only insured for the contracted hours not before and not after :D

This is what myself and my minder friends do,and what we tell others to do too-works every time!:thumbsup:

The Juggler
18-10-2012, 09:16 PM
Dear Parents
Just a reminder to you all, l have noticed that for some of you are not sticking to your contracted hours whilst l enjoy childminding l do have a family of my own and we are finding that due to early arrivals and waiting for parents we are missing out on our family time, please speak to me if your hours no longer suit your needs.
Thank you

perfect! :thumbsup:

dusky777
19-10-2012, 08:37 AM
Dear Parents
Thank you

Thanks this is perfect....it is early late pick ups!! Like someone else said i dont want to offer extra hours, i have spoke to the parent direct but she still comes and goes as she pleases and i think others are picking up on it and doing the same ever now and again coz they think they can!! Just going to put a little note in my new letter.

bunyip
19-10-2012, 09:04 AM
Can this be worded anymore tactfully?

Please remember this is my home and while I am running a business i do have my family to think about and I do have commitments outside of working hours.

Thanks

I'd really need to know the context in order to judge. My first impression is that it could be said better, but it al depends on what you're message trying to give and why.

It sort of sounds like you're wanting the best of both worlds, when you might really be trying to communicate the importance of drawing a line between business hours and private hours. Yes? :huh: