PDA

View Full Version : Help! Very angry toddler and upset mother on my hands!

Ripeberry
18-10-2012, 08:18 AM
Finding it hard to deal with a 2yr old's behaviour at the moment. He is the middle child now as little brother arrived 2 weeks ago.
He comes to me for 6hrs on a Wed and Thurs and he will cry constantly and hit if I come near him. He just wants his mum and this morning I had to hold him just so she could get out the door!
I could see that she was very upset herself.
Its just a battle of wills. He wants to be with Mummy and she is feeling guilty about pushing him out. Their older brother aged 4yrs is in reception and finding that difficult as well.

How do you deal with all this? Or is it just a matter of time until the 'family dynamics' calm down? He's still going strong (crying) and its been 20 mins now.

He was perfectly OK until baby arrived so its all understandable, but its heartbreaking :(

silvermist
18-10-2012, 08:41 AM
Poor little fellpw. I would think its all just a bit bewildering and would think he will settle soon. My grand daughter(2) was suddenly very clingy when the new baby arrived too but three weeks later shes fine. Hope he settles soon xx

jillplum
18-10-2012, 08:55 AM
aw poor little fella. Hopefully he will calm down soon. maybe think about you having baby somedays and little man staying with Mum for a change.

Tatjana
18-10-2012, 09:00 AM
Hi

My middle son was like this when our littlest was born, as much as he was genuinely excited about his arrival he also found it a confusing and emotional time. Everyone needs to reassure him and make sure he gets lots of attention, maybe mum could include him in babys care, like fetching wipes, nappies, a toy for baby etc so he feels involved and part of his new sibling.

It will settle with time.

Ripeberry
18-10-2012, 09:05 AM
Thanks for your replies. He calmed down as soon as I mentioned lets go for a drive. It was pure anger. And hope fully it will calm down.