PDA

View Full Version : Bigger car than 7 seater?!!!

smurfette
17-10-2012, 02:32 PM
Ok so I currently drive a renault grand scenic which has done the job the last year ,, we downgraded from a trajet which we loved but was too thirsty!! One of my ad hoc mums is looking for work and would like me to take her two little ones and I know this may not happen for a while but my issue would be having not enough seats in the car I would really need 8 and probably 9 one of the days! Can anyone recommend an 8/9 seater (is there even such a thing as a 9 seater?!)

eddie
17-10-2012, 02:33 PM
Minibus?!? :laughing:

smurfette
17-10-2012, 02:53 PM
That's exactly what I am thinking! But Don't want to turn down what is almost two full time spaces for the sake of a car space!!! Can just see me driving around in my minibus! Could hire it out at night for parties !

amanda1309
17-10-2012, 03:01 PM
My sister is also a cm and she has just bought a vw transporter which has 9 seats. It's lovely but looks massive

moogster1a
17-10-2012, 03:24 PM
I've got a Toyota Previa ( also known as an Estima). 8 seats which can go in all sorts of configurations and still space for a triple buggy in the back.
Got mine 2 years ago for £900 on Ebay and still going strong.
Would never get anything different now. Love it.

sue rutledge
17-10-2012, 03:30 PM
Ok so I currently drive a renault grand scenic which has done the job the last year ,, we downgraded from a trajet which we loved but was too thirsty!! One of my ad hoc mums is looking for work and would like me to take her two little ones and I know this may not happen for a while but my issue would be having not enough seats in the car I would really need 8 and probably 9 one of the days! Can anyone recommend an 8/9 seater (is there even such a thing as a 9 seater?!)

Hi i have recently bought an 8 seater fiat ut AA insurance wouldnt insure it, so swapped companies

macherie
17-10-2012, 03:53 PM
I had a VW caravelle which is the same as a transporter. I changed it for a renault grand espace. I found the VW very easy to drive - not keen on parallel parking though! The reason for the change was the VW was very thirsty and the frequent short journeys were very hard on the engine.

smurfette
17-10-2012, 03:56 PM
I had a VW caravelle which is the same as a transporter. I changed it for a renault grand espace. I found the VW very easy to drive - not keen on parallel parking though! The reason for the change was the VW was very thirsty and the frequent short journeys were very hard on the engine.

And is the espace an 8 seater?

silvermist
17-10-2012, 04:05 PM
My dh has a 53 seater coach you may be able to borrow? lol:laughing:

smurfette
17-10-2012, 04:16 PM
AH you are all just jealous because I am going to be all stressed out with oodles of kids!!

silvermist
17-10-2012, 04:18 PM
:laughing::laughing:

dette
17-10-2012, 04:33 PM
we have 8 seater serena and 14 seater (was17 but took back for out) big yellow ballamory school bus :) hence yellow bus childcare.would recomend either

loocyloo
17-10-2012, 04:55 PM
lol! i'm looking at a 9 seater ( or SHHHH! a minibus! ) in the next year or so! i've got several mindees leaving for school, but still wanting to come to me in holidays! lovely, but i won't be able to go anywhere! my problem is that i don't want to be driving round in a bus when its just me and my 2 children, and i have to do lots of driving, as in the middle of nowhere!

Twinkles
17-10-2012, 05:01 PM
I have a 9 seater VW caravelle and I LOVE it !

Very easy to drive ( if I have to ) dh does most of the driving.
Room for all the children , easy to get them in and out. Bags of room for all the buggies potties and bags and general dross we carry around.

Oh and most importantly ( so she tells me ) room for the dog !

Twinkles
17-10-2012, 05:06 PM
we have 8 seater serena and 14 seater (was17 but took back for out) big yellow ballamory school bus :) hence yellow bus childcare.would recomend either

Tell me more about your bus.

I suppose you need extra vehicle testing ? How often ?

Did you have to do a further test to drive it ?

I might need one !!

dette
18-10-2012, 08:14 AM
Tell me more about your bus.

I suppose you need extra vehicle testing ? How often ?

Did you have to do a further test to drive it ?

I might need one !!

it depends on what your licence covers.DH has been driving since 17 and his licence covers him for loads.mine only covers up to 3.5 ton.if this is the case for yourelf then you need a minibus test.and you need a doctors cert to say youre fit to drive it.i love our bus .we have 7 kids of our own and love camping.we took bus with 21 ft caravan on the back of it this year...we were longer than a coach :)its just a standard MOT exept they check all seatbelts and you have to have first aid box in it .passed with flying colours this year.