PDA

View Full Version : 5 year old obs and planning??

child_friendly
17-10-2012, 12:02 PM
I am just about to take on a 5 year old and wondered do I have to plan, observe and assess him? What do I need to do? I am going to do a scrapbook with him on some activities we do whlist he is here. Do I need to have it all written down to say what I am planning to do with him each week, observation sheets and link it to the EYFS?? I don't know what I suppose to be doing, if someone could tell me what they do with their before and after school children and what I should be doing. That would be great thanks

Rubybubbles
17-10-2012, 12:26 PM
Is he in EYFS age range ie reception?

For all my school age children I do a scrap book no planning as such they do further extension to what the littlies do

I don't link anything just have an all about me they do and stick photos of playing and any art work

Jo Jo
17-10-2012, 12:47 PM
All my sschool children also have scrap books they can decide what they would like to do I just stick photos in too :thumbsup:

child_friendly
17-10-2012, 03:17 PM
His birthday is in June and is now in year 1- he's the youngest in his class

2kidsunder5
17-10-2012, 03:23 PM
His birthday is in June and is now in year 1- he's the youngest in his class

As far as I'm aware you only need to obs and assess reception aged kids. I would do as the others are doing a scrap book ith photo's in saying what he has done :D

sarah707
17-10-2012, 05:09 PM
We no longer need to deliver the full EYFS for children in full time 10 sessions a week school.

We need to speak to parents and other settings to find out how you can support the children.

If you want to do scrap books with them great - if they are not interested then fine! :D