PDA

View Full Version : Aw shucks!!!

smurfette
17-10-2012, 08:48 AM
Just had a text from one of my parents .,, she uses me ad hoc for Her toddler and sometimes the baby when toddler is in preschool. One of my other parents gave me notice yesterday (do we remember the mum who the speech therapist told her the little one would benefit from preschool and she faffed around!? Well now she has changed jobs and a nursery would suit her better time wise .. 630am starts!) so I text mum of ad hoc Lo to let her know as she has a job interview on Friday. She used a nursery in the past so expected she might want to go back to one but no she says she would prefer them to be with me, aw am so chuffed! Don't know if I can do it though purely as I am a seat short in my car for school runs for my own girls .. Anyone recommend an 8 seated car?!!!

jillplum
17-10-2012, 09:56 AM
Aw it's nice when you hear things like that isn't it. last night at pick up time one of my Mums told me that this is the first time she has gone back to work happy with leaving her child. her two older ones went to Nursery last one came to me. Now she says she would reccomend childminders over nursery. Yayyyyy

dette
17-10-2012, 10:32 AM
i have a nissan serena ..8 seater.can pick one up pretty reasonably and they are reliable

eddie
17-10-2012, 10:56 AM
It's nice to be appreciated sometimes! Makes up for the rubbish times a bit.:clapping:

Jo Jo
17-10-2012, 12:22 PM
Aww how lovely to feel appreciated :)

Muffin
17-10-2012, 12:36 PM
That's nice it's that sort of thing that puts a smile on your face all day long :)

sue rutledge
17-10-2012, 03:43 PM
Hi i have an 8 seater fiat, and well worth the extra seat, had 7 seater merc before and had to turn kids away in the hols!!

smurfette
18-10-2012, 09:34 AM
Hi i have an 8 seater fiat, and well worth the extra seat, had 7 seater merc before and had to turn kids away in the hols!!

This is what I am thinking, I will also have a schoolie parttime during hols, as well as extra hours for little ones I already mind and ad hoc for baby siblings, and I can manage 4 the odd day, just can't fit in car!

Anyways, talked to DH about it last night,and we could re arrange one mums hours (she works from home and is pretty flexible) and another mum has had a year of me holding space open for her every monday and tuesday although she only uses it every second week, because I have managed to fit some ad hoc hours around it, but I could see if she could arrange something else those days (always said I would only hold it open if I could) and then I would have enough room in the car, voila! And will definitely see about a bigger car in the summer!! thanks everyone!