PDA

View Full Version : weekly planning?

adele1985
17-10-2012, 08:20 AM
does everone do weekly planning linked to the areas of learning??

Im thinking of just having a document telling parents what activities we are doing that week - i used to link all the activtives planned to areas of learning but it just seems like im repeating myself whrn doing my weekly evaulation if you see what i mean

how does everyone do this??

mrs robbie williams
17-10-2012, 10:27 AM
i try and do weekly planning for each child but sometimes, like this week it hasnt gone to plan as 2 are sick so will carry it forward to next week, ive only got littlies and find im struggling with planning and actually meeting the planning that i aim to do iyswim, activities dont really work as a group because they either arent interested or the youngest who is just one messes it up or tries to eat everything

2kidsunder5
17-10-2012, 10:37 AM
I have a planning sheet for each child which is for about 6 to 8 weeks (I usually go off the school half terms) It includes the childs interests, next steps and gaps in tracker, also I try and link to any themes we may be doing such as Autumn. I find a weekly plan to much hassle and like you say you don't stick to it. I share it with parents and they can put any thing on that the child likes doing or is interested in at home.

At the end of each half term I will go back through my obs and do anoter planning sheet for the next half term, hope that makes sense :):)

No idea if it is right or wrong, but it works for me and also helps me to track their progress :clapping:

sarah707
17-10-2012, 05:13 PM
There will be a big focus on sharing information with parents in the revised EYFS inspections - so anything you can do to show that you are sharing and including their suggestions in the child's learning will be great! :D