PDA

View Full Version : Arghh

maisiemog
17-10-2012, 08:14 AM
I must confess to being a bad childminder. I'm only just properly updating my paperwork for the new EYFS. I kinda lost my mojo about minding over the summer and to be totally honest I couldn't be bothered. Have a new excitement for minding now and back on track so going to completely restart and revamp all my paperwork, policies, risk assessments etc. it will probably take me weeks. Just rather daunting and I have no idea where to start!

What paperwork do you have now? Obviously I'm going to have Learning journals, policies, permissions and a few risk assessments but not sure what format will be best to use and what is essential. Please he, and yes I know that nearly 2 months into the new EYFS I should be better organised than this!

Stapleton83
17-10-2012, 08:43 AM
You are not a bad minder or you wouldn't be bothered, nor would you be doing something about it now. If I would find Sarah's brilliant checklist for the new EYFS I found it really helpful, in fact I will try and attach it to this response.

Take it a bit at a time, the revised EYFS is pretty much what you have been doing with a slightly different sent of learning areas, so don't panic.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Sam x

AliceK
17-10-2012, 09:37 AM
I confess I am the same. I did get all my paperwork up to date with new forms, areas of learning etc but my LJ's are way way way behind. I've got things jotted down on post-its but not actually done any proper work for a couple of months :(

xxxx

Ripeberry
17-10-2012, 10:01 AM
Im the same with L J. Only have one mindee at the moment and he does the same thing all yhe time. So I've lost some of my enthousiasm. And on top og that he can strop for England. Maybe that vould be an ob on how stubborn he is ;-)

Ripeberry
17-10-2012, 10:04 AM
He is very tired when he gets to me. He wont sleep in my house at all so I end up sitting around car parks.

mrs robbie williams
17-10-2012, 10:29 AM
He is very tired when he gets to me. He wont sleep in my house at all so I end up sitting around car parks.

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: :laughing::laughing: been there, done that with my own lol

2kidsunder5
17-10-2012, 10:48 AM
I confess I am the same. I did get all my paperwork up to date with new forms, areas of learning etc but my LJ's are way way way behind. I've got things jotted down on post-its but not actually done any proper work for a couple of months :(

xxxx

I don't know a childminder who is up to date with all their paperwork. I find I concentrate on one thing and everything else gets behind. I am still sorting out my policies and procedures for the new EYFS too. Don't worry about it :)

Jo Jo
17-10-2012, 12:09 PM
I don't know a childminder who is up to date with all their paperwork. I find I concentrate on one thing and everything else gets behind. I am still sorting out my policies and procedures for the new EYFS too. Don't worry about it :)

I'm exactly the same it's an ongoing process I never seem to finish anything as there is always something else to do !

Kirstylob
17-10-2012, 12:54 PM
I'm behind too, my trouble is I get great ideas of how to improve certain things and it takes me ages to get it all done for every child and then I am behind in other things. It's a never ending battle!!

Lana10
17-10-2012, 04:51 PM
I have to say I am behind with mine too.My LJs need a sort through I have bits of paper and post its that need organising.I have just been concentrating on one thing at a time.ie updating policies or working on LJs.But I do think the new EYFS is a lot clearer.

maisiemog
17-10-2012, 07:09 PM
It definitely looks like it is easier with the new EYFS. I just downloaded all of Sarah's fab documents and I will read through them tonight whilst hubby plays FIFA. I will them write a list of everything I need to do and start from there. I don't plan to print anything off unless it is going into a learning journal. When Mrs O comes to inspect I plan to just give her my iPad and tell her to read it all on there. I really dont have the space to be storing loads of files now. Can I do a digital register or does it need to be printed out? At the moment using the Ncma one but its nearly finished!

I know what I willbe spending the next few weeks doing in my spare time!!!!